𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫||𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞

read with caution

Pietro made sure to keep a firm grip on my hand like he was afraid to let go

Pietro made sure to keep a firm grip on my hand like he was afraid to let go. Afraid of something happening. Afraid of the chaos outside harming me. We ran into an empty room because too many gunshots were being fired, making it dangerous for us to reach the safe room in time.

The pit in my stomach deepened when I heard yelling from outside the room we were trapped in.

"Amara don't cry. He can protect himself don't worry." I didn't even notice the silent tears falling down my cheek until Pietro wrapped me up in his embrace. Yet it didn't comfort me because I only wanted one person and that was Xavier. My Xavier.

"We have to go out and help him. I don't want to see him hurt again, please." I pulled away from his embrace, aggressively wiping the tears from my eyes. Now is not the time to cry when we can help rather than just waiting around for something to happen.

"I vowed to protect you at all costs. And that's a vow I'm keeping under any circumstances. So I'm sorry Amara but we can't. He can protect himself and I know you can but I'm following his orders." Pietro looked directly into my eyes to make sure I understood him. Which I did but I can't leave him. I can't lose him. He means everything too me.

I opened my mouth to reply to him but there was loud banging on the door so we snapped our heads towards it. Pietro held a finger to his lips in a way to warn me to stay quiet so I nodded my head in understanding.

Never in my life would I think to be in a situation like this but I'm lucky I've learnt some self defence skills from my brothers and Xavier. Although he did bully me for not being able to throw a punch correctly. I love him.

The door suddenly busted open and heavy footsteps echoed in the quiet room as me and Pietro sat there in dark with our guns in our hands. Pietro mouthed 'shoot' so I nodded my head aiming my gun around the table we was hiding under to shoot an intruder in the chest. His body fell limp on the floor and I watched as the other men frantically looked around the room, yelling incoherent words in both Russian and Italian.

Groans of pain from beside me had me quickly turning my head to the side to find Pietro on the floor clutching his stomach. My eyes widened in panic at the sight of the blood on his hands but just as I was about to reach for him, cold hands roughly grabbed my arms.

I thrashed against their hold, kicking and punching to try and set myself free but to no avail. "Get off me you fuck before I throat punch you then serve your dick on a platter to your mother." I elbowed his ribs and he groaned in pain, loosening his grip around me slightly so I took that as an opportunity to land a punch across his jaw. He stumbled back, gripping his jaw as he glared at me. I shot his head with a smirk on my face as I watched his body fall limp onto the floor.

"Amara." Pietro breathed out weakly. I quickly rushed over to him and applied pressure onto his wound but he shook his head. "You need to go. I'll be fine. Leave now." He gripped onto my wrist, gently pushing my hand away as he sat up against the wall. "Walk down the hall and take a right there should be a room. The passcode is 310803 for the safe room. Go."  He pushed  me towards the door as blood spilled out of his mouth.