Chapter XXXV: Bad Influence

It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one. That's the saying, right?! Well, it was true. And I realized it tonight. 

"Finally you admit that you were ignoring me." He whispered, caressing my cheek softly with his hand. I was so lost in his touch that I was not aware of anything else. His touch was addictive and the way he was doing it with so much care has me captured in it.

Gashmir never left. He listened to every single word that left my mouth. Silently. He was quiet for sometime as if taking in every single confession of mine. He didn't say anything, making my nerves high. He stared like he was seeing me for the first time. Though his expressions were blank, I could see a storm whirling in his eyes.

He was standing infront of me all the time, when I had my eyes closed. I turned my back to him so that I could confess without any interruption. Also closed my eyes to avoid my nerves that could have held me back. But the bastard took the opportunity to witness all my misery. And when I finished I was too anxious to notice him there.

I even thought it better that he left after. That he didn't hear any of those stupid things that I spew out of my mouth. Now that he heard everything. I felt a little shy, embarrassed and probably more shy. With him this close, touching me, whispering things. How am I still alive?! 

"Huh?!" I replied, making myself an idiot,  again, infront of my, uh___ crush?! Yeah, I was tired of calling him my ex secret husband. 

He smirked as his eyes twinkled, amused. That brought me back as I blink a few times. Stupid, that I was. "When?! Why would I ignore you?!" I denied. 

Gashmir did not stop his torture. His hand went to my neck as he soothed my skin. I think I had goosebumps there. His other hand was holding me by my waist. As if he thought the torture wasn't enough that he leaned further into my ear, placing his lips so close to my ears, he rasped, "When you realized your feelings for me."

A gasp escaped my lips. That's it. He does not have to speak more. It was like a punishment for ignoring him. With his words, with his touch, he was igniting that fire inside me. He was making sure to carve himself on me. So that I crave him, beg him.

With what little sanity I had left in me, I gathered it and pushed him. However he didn't budge, chuckling as I struggled to create a gap in between. After my few attempts of failure, he straightened but didn't leave his hold on me. 

Rolling my eyes in annoyance I, once more, denied, "psst, Gashmir. I have no such feelings for you or anyone. And I won't develop ever. Atleast not for____" 

I was cut off by him pressing me even harder into him. I kept my hands on his chest to avoid the chest to chest contact. But with no ado it did any help. My eyes were glued to our chest as I did not dare to look up. My heart escalated it's pace, as my breathing came to a halt. The silence in the air is cut through by a sharp intake of breath. 

My eyes met with his intense ones, as Gashmir tilted my chin up. "It took you this long to admit it. Now that you have finally admitted, you can't go back on it. No, not because you could. But, because I won’t allow you."