04

*Leighton's POV*

"You're what?!" Kat whisper screamed as I continued to gnaw on my bottom lip. "I'm pregnant" I repeated clearly, yet quietly so I didn't have to say it a third time. Kat gasped, replying "Pregnant!? Since when!" 

"Um, I found out last week" I shrugged, feeling awkward.

"Oh my god! Who knows?" Kat started her questions, her eyes still wide.

"Aaliyah, River, and my ex-boyfriend"

"Is the ex the dad?" She asked, her facial features softening out to a look of sympathy.

I nodded, with a small shrug. 

"What does he look like?" She asked, and as I was reaching for my phone, Colby was approaching with a basket of French Fries and a glass of cold water.

I took them and thanked him, drinking some water before eating a couple of fries.

"You can go back and bowl Colby. We'll be back soon. Just going to eat our fries. Thank you" Kat shooed him away and Colby glanced at me for a second before hesitantly turning around and heading back towards the group, probably sensing that he shouldn't ask questions even though I saw him give me a suspicious look.

I thought it was odd that he didn't say anything but I grabbed my phone and went into my camera roll, trying to find a photo of us together.

I finally found one, it was from Aaliyah's golden birthday. I showed her the photo and she inspected it. "How long were you guys together?"

"On and off throughout high school for a little over 4 years."

"Was he your first boyfriend?" Kat asked, still looking at the photo of my ex. 

I nodded, shrugging. I didn't really want to talk about him right now. Every time I thought about how we were no longer dating, I would cry and I didn't really feel like crying in front of Kat again.

"Where did you get fries?" I heard Aaliyah laugh, clearly surprised.

"Colby" I smiled up at her, patting the floor for her to sit down next to me. 

I offered her some, which she took happily. "Already getting free food out of the boys I see" She smirked over at me, sending a wink, making me blush. "Ohh! Someone's got a crush on the emo kid!" Aaliyah teased, grinning. I blushed harder, shaking my head. "He barely looks at me, guys. Yeah, he's attractive, but I don't see that going anywhere, anytime soon. Should've seen him bowling. That Tara chick had his attention more than I did."

"They're just friends. She's Jakes' girlfriend" Kat informed.

"I've met her a few times. She's an interesting person" Aaliyah shrugged, stuffing a couple more fries into her mouth.

"Interesting? Interesting how?" I asked, confused on how they all know each other. 

"She's not really your type of friend. A little too bubbly"+

"Kat's bubbly, and my friend... or at least I think she's my friend" I spoke softly, glancing towards Sam's girlfriend. "Oh my god! Yeah, we're friends! Awe, we're going to be besties in no time!" She grinned, squeezing me into her side. 

"Hey! Don't steal my bestie!" Aaliyah threw a couple fries at Kat, making her laugh.

"Alright, let's get back to bowling" I announced, standing up and rubbing the salt off my fingers, onto my pants. "So why did you decide to tell me? We haven't known each other for that long" Kat questioned me. I shrugged, following Aaliyah back to where Colby was. "I don't know, we sort of just clicked, I knew I could trust you. Plus, you wouldn't leave me alone!" I laughed, thinking about how persistent she was. It was cute, but frustrating.