Chapter Eighty-Nine: Lost Friend

-chapter eighty-nine-

THIRD PERSON

The public execution that June once held for Finn was now being experienced by her.

Napapalibutan siya ng mga taong masasama ang tingin. Their eyes held doubt, fury, and disgust. The stares they directed at June were deadly. Na para bang papatayin na nila ito sa tingin. The words they whispered at each other were also harsh and ruthless - labelling June as a monster who wears a pretty face.

A monster who destroyed someone else's life.

And who were they to judge that? June wonders as she closes her fist, long nails digging to her palms and drawing blood. How could they judge her destroying somebody else, when no one even punished those who destroyed her? Some people doubted Finn's innocence when she was publicly criticized, but June couldn't feel a bit of empathy from the others.

How is it so unfair? She turned her dark glare towards Finn whose face was shadowed with her hair. Bakit laging may tao sa tabi ni Finn at pinapatawad siya sa mga mali niya? Bakit laging pinapahamak si June sa mga mali niya at hindi man lang siya pinapatawad?

Was it so wrong to ask for love and attention? Was it so wrong to wish for them? Was it so wrong to hope for a happy and supporting circle of friends?

And was it so wrong to take it from other people?

Kairo stepped forward, now aiming to get closer to June. Ngunit bago pa mangyari iyon ay gumalaw na ang babae. And she did what her messed up mind prefers to ignore the wounds.

Blame Finn. Blame Finn. She's the reason for everything. She was the one who showed you what you're lacking and desperately wishing. She bragged and made you envy of her life. Her friends doesn't like you because she never introduced you to them. Her friends hates you because she made bad comments about you behind her back.

It's all Finn's fault. It's all her fucking fault.

"You bitch! Ikaw ang may kasalanan ng lahat ng 'to!" malakas na sigaw niya at sumugod kay Finn.

Kairo's eyes widened when June suddenly vanished. Napasinghap din ang mga manlalaro na nakapalibot sa kanila. Hinigpitan ni Finn ang kapit sa collars nina Maki at Oliver, while feeling her surroundings. She's seen- witnessed this before. Alam niya ang susunod na gagawin ni June.

She stepped to the side just as a powerful gush of wind passed by her ear. Isang matalas na ice-pick at maputing kamay ang biglang lumitaw dito. Finn felt June moved behind her, producing another sharp weapon, kaya kaagad niyang binigay ang nanghihinang Maki at Oliver sa papadating na Kairo. His ruthless expression was replaced with surprised as both guys fell in his arms.

June aimed her ice-pick at Finn's lower back, who immediately blocked it with her kunai. Isa pang ice-pick ang papunta sa gilid ng ulo niya, so Finn stepped back, watching as the blade passed her eyes.

Finn's eyes met June and she asked, "Why do you always blame me?"

Isang tanong na parating nasasagot ni June sa kaniyang isipan, but has always failed to voice it out. And she will never say it verbally. Dahil natatakot siyang mawawalan na ng katotohanan ang rason niya kapag narinig na ito ng ibang tao.

"Haven't we gone past this already, Finn? I told you. I hate you."

June's attacks were relentless. She slashed in every direction she could, and Finn blocked it as much as she could. Ibinilin ni Kairo sina Maki at Oliver sa kaniyang kasamahan para makapunta sa naglalabang pares. However, he was stopped by one of June's right-hands with a dagger, which led to the rest of the Reaper's Oath attacking to defend their leader. Gano'n rin sa mga sumama kay June na Death Crow's players.