chapter 46

Nodding, Song Qinghan sent Xiaoqing’s femina dad to the gate, and saying, “I sincerely appreciate that. I should stay here to take care of Dahu till he awakes. Here’s the money for you to get us the doctor here. If Doctor Luo is coming, please tell him our names, he probably will come.”

Taking over the bag of coins, Xiaoqing’s femina dad could clearly sense that it was such a large amount of money, probably there were fifty silver coins in it. He was about to refuse, but then he pondered a while when he heard the name of Doctor Luo.

Well, Doctor Luo was famous though, getting him for a private diagnosis would never be less than fifty silver coins.

Bidding farewell to Xiaoqing’s femina dad, Song Qinghan came to shut the door, and then went to the kitchen, sorting out the herbs in a pot and starting boiling them.

Yet on the other side, Wu Dahu seemed to get a worse situation. He was soaked with sweat on his forehead, frowning in torment.

Feeling so bad for his man, Song Qinghan carried a pot of water and came to Wu Dahu’s side, then dampened the handkerchief and put it on Wu Dahu’s forehead.

In several rounds Song Qinghan was wiping the sweat out of Wu Dahu’s face and checking out the boiling herbs in the kitchen. It was kind of hard work for someone who carried a baby.

Finally, the medicine made by herbs was done.

With a taste, the bitterness given off from the medicine made Song Qinghan frown.

Well, as there goes a saying among the principle of Chinese medicine, good medicine always tastes bitter. Since it tasted so bad in flavor, it must be with strong effect, thought Song Qinghan. So the boy poured the liquid medicine into a bowl, blowing it till it cooled down. And then fed Wu Dahu as the way he fed him water.

However, it seemed that this didn’t work at the present.

Keeping his eyes shut tightly, Wu Dahu seemed to regain his consciousness, he kept his mouth sealing no matter how hard Song Qinghan pinched his chin. Under desperating, Song Qinghan poured the medicine all in his mouth and then lowered down his face to feed Wu Dahu with his mouth.

At first, it wasn’t that smooth for Song Qinghan to transfer the medicine from his mouth to Wu Dahu’s mouth. The medicine leaked out from the corner of the lips from them. Striving to force open the teeth of Wu Dahu in an uneasy way, Song Qinghan found all the liquid medicine was gone, no even a drop.

He wiped his mouth a bit, sharpening his eyes in a decisive look as if he would give it up feeding till he succeed. Pouring another mouthful of the medicine in his mouth, Song Qinghan lowered down his face again. Since the second try was smoother, he finally fed Wu Dahu drop by drop in such an embarrassing way.

And finally, for around several rounds of feeding, he succeeded making it.

The flavor of bitterness was just scattering in Song Qinghan’s mouth. He then went back to the kitchen, washing the dishes.

Why was everybody else getting some kind of sweetness while applying to feed his beloved one the medicine. But Song Qinghan could feel nothing but bitterness! Eww.

But fortunately, the liquid medicine seemed to work immediately. With its effect, the physical temperature of Wu Dahu gradually cooled down as Song Qinghan expected, and meanwhile, the redness of his skin started turning back from the pale one.

Heaving a sigh with a relief, Song Qinghan had finally got himself a rest in mind. With drowsiness, he got himself in the bed, laying just right aside by Wu Dahu in a curling up way, and holding tight the hand of Wu Dahu to make sure the updating situation of him.