Vol.1. Chapter 6.1 : The Queen and Her King

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

Today is Monday, April 6th, 2015. This is the sixth day of my stay at Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

Currently, Chabashira-Sensei was providing us with an explanation about the has of the Yamato government also known as o-Kimi. I did my hardest to appear as if I was paying attention while also attempting to avoid boredom.

In my head, I was currently conducting a chess battle with myself. If you are skilled enough at chess, you will not require a chessboard to play the game. Because white had triumphed, as prophesied by me, I had technically won the battle... And lost at the same time? I'm not sure, it's a little perplexing.

I jumped out of my reverie to check the time to see how many more dreadful minutes I would have to put up with before the session was over.

Three minutes more, huh...

I opted to monitor the rest of the class' conduct during this session since I had nothing else better to do. There were pupils like Hirata, Eichiiro, Horikita, and Kushida who were completely focused on Chabashira-Sensei's lecture. They were either listening intently or taking notes.

Sudo, on the other hand, appeared to be struggling for his life in order to avoid dozing off in class. Hang in there buddy; I understand how you're feeling. Though I'm probably bored for a more different reason than you.

Most of my other classmates were likewise well-behaved, which was admirable; nevertheless, I began to notice that some of them had become more relaxed and informal since the first three days of school.

Yamauchi is a good example. On the surface, he appears to be taking notes, but he's actually reading a manga page and attempting to cover his tablet by putting a notebook over it.

Satou and Shinohara were also examples. They had their phones tucked away under their tables. I'm guessing they were bored and decided to text each other throughout class. They reasoned that if they hid their devices under their tables and looked down from time to time, they wouldn't be discovered.

I could do nothing but sigh in disappointment. Did they forget that there are cameras installed in the classroom? Well, I guess they're in Class D for a reason.  If you're going to do something else in class, at least make an effort to conceal it thoroughly.

This is something I'll have to address with them later on. If I continue to let them do as they please, their laid-back attitude will undoubtedly affect the others, which is plainly undesirable if we want to keep as many class points as possible.

'Ring!'

The school bell rang repeatedly in my ears, signifying the end of our classes and the beginning of lunchtime. Finally, time seems to move at such a glacial pace when you're bored.

"That will be all for today's class. Please completely evaluate the information I've taught you today." Chabashira-Sensei said up before exiting the classroom quickly.

After Chabashira-Sensei left the classroom, the majority of my classmates had begun to congregate with their friends, with a select few enjoying their lunches alone. If I had wanted to live a tranquil life here instead of pursuing Class A, I would have probably become one of those people. That component was definitely influenced by the social skills I've built over the past year.

Normally, I would use lunchtime as an opportunity to get to know my classmates better either by getting invited by a new group of classmates or by sticking to familiar acquaintances such as the Ayanon group, Hirata, and his harem of girls, or Kushida's friend group.