The Truth!

Annika's first baby shower took place in all joyous spirit.She sat on a decorated swing looking all happy and excited while ladies performed certain rituals.Before that Shivaay adorned her beautiful legs with red lac then made her wear gold anklets as per family tradition.Vasundhara gifted Annika a photo album full with her childhood picks.Function came to an end after a huge feast. 

Few Weeks Later 

---------------------

Pinky entered when Annika was reading a book in her room.

P:  Look,what I have brought.

She held a box in her hand.

A:  What is in it Ma?

P:  See for yourself.

Annika opens the box and finds different types of baby clothes.

A:  Baby clothes?These seems....

P:   I know.These are Shivaay's clothes.He wore those when he was a little baby.I have put these away with much care for my grandchild.You see,new born babies are sensitive to new clothes at first.They need to wear old clothes for some time.I have taken out this collection for your baby and asked Vasu to give yours.Your and Shivaay's baby,be it a girl or boy, will be wearing from these. 

Annika smiled through tearful eyes while touching the tiny baby cloth on her lap. 

Evergreen Mother-Care Hospital

-----------------------------------------

Shivaay was sitting in the chamber of Dr. Chetan Gupta.He is a renowned gynecologist and by relation he is Shivaay's father-in-law(Nana Sasur)as Dr. Gupta is Vasundhara's uncle.Recently he has returned from the USA and became a senior consultant and surgeon at Evergreen hospital.Shivaay has come to meet him upon Vasundhara's request since he will handle Annika's delivery and everything after that.It was Vasundhara who requested him to return to India for her daughter and he had to agree.

They had this conversation- 

S:  .........I wanted to meet you myself Nana ji.Very happy that you called me to meet before I could.I am quite relieved that you consented to handle Annika's delivery...Shivaay beamed.

C: Dear,I have something very important and urgent to discuss with you.It's high time you knew few things.

S:  Is..... everything okay Nana ji?

C:  I don't want beat about the bush........ Annika's pregnancy......has some complications.

S:  What....what kind of complications?He suddenly started looking pale.

C:  A tumour is found attached to Annika's uterus and it's growing fast threatening the baby.

S:  What are you saying? Annika seems absolutely fine.How come.....

C:  There are things you still unaware about.Listen to me carefully then you will understand.When Vasundhara was pregnant with Annika,she too faced some critical complications.She almost died while giving birth to Annika.It was a very pressing situation for her and Harsh and for me also.I knew how difficult it would be for Vasundhara to survive the delivery procedure.

Initially I opted for aborting the baby thinking about the high risks but she refused.Vasundhara continued with the pregnancy despite knowing the fact that she might die in the operation table.I was under tremendous pressure because two lives were depending on me.But by the grace of the Almighty,I became successful.During that nerve ending kind of operation,Harsh too was present and never stopped crying even when the baby was delivered.It was a pure miracle that both the mother and the baby survived.Perhaps it was Harsh and Vasundhara's love that won over death........... Because of that complication of Vasundhara,Annika was born with some complication as to reproduction as well.When she got her first period,she was going through problems like excessive bleeding and pain.