Chapter 157: Wrap up the Maple Castle War & Faint Saving the Enemy Soldiers

'Fire. He has become fire.' That was the thought in Choi Han's mind.

The young Dragon's voice reached his ears as he blankly watched the burning fire. "Choi Han! Snap out of it! It's not over yet!"

'That fire is not the end?' Choi Han who was surrounded by multiple layers of silver shields flinched and started to shake. He then lowered his head.

Screee- boom!
Boom- boom!

The approximately thirty golems. They were slowly melting down one by one.

He could see something that wasn't melting within the fire as well.

The black liquid. The thing that had dyed Choi Han's sword black had not disappeared yet.

'Is Cale-nim's fire useless as well?!' Choi Han's eyes clouded over. 'Is it impossible to destroy that chunk of despair in the end?'

It was the moment Choi Han asked that question to himself with concern.

Someone from outside the sea of fire started to speak. "It's bad if the fire goes out."

It was Imperial Prince Adin.

'The black despair will appear if the fire goes out. The Empire's forces will feel even more chaos and become suspicious.'

It would also make this area around Maple Castle desolate, forever turning it into a land of death that the living would have to avoid forever.

However, he could not help but want to smile. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"...Cale Henituse."

Shield. Earth. Water. Fire.
The same number of Ancient Powers as the White Star.

He couldn't tell whether the power Cale used to quickly approach him was an Ancient Power or a spell, however, he knew Cale had at least a minimum of four Ancient Powers.

Cale Henituse managed to remain healthy while having four Ancient Powers.

'How entertaining.'

It really was entertaining. He also wanted to kill Cale. He figured something else out as well.

"It was you."

It was Cale. The unknown power that had foiled all of the Empire's plans until now had to be Cale.

Cale Henituse and the Roan Kingdom.

They pretended to be on good terms with the Empire while aiming for their necks.
The pieces of the puzzle finally fell into place.

He started to speak. "Immediately launch magic spells toward Cale Henituse!"

He didn't care about the destroyed golems, the dying pilots, nor the screeching despair. All he was thinking about was the damage control he needed to do once the black despair was revealed.

'Even Cale Henituse will not be able to get rid of the black despair.'

The black despair was still wailing from inside this sea of fire.

Screeeech- screeeeeeech- The dead were still crying.

Even formidable powers could not destroy the black despair.

'Then I will kill Cale Henituse and blame it on him.'

There was a way to solve everything as long as he killed Cale.

"Vice Tower Master! Mage Brigade Captain!"

Two people quickly became alert as Adin called for them. However, the other nobles and soldiers were all still out of it.