106 | grovel at my feet

A/N:  In this book, when foreigners and Japanese characters converse, it's always in English, unless stated otherwise.

ONE HUNDRED SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

GREAT BRITAIN. An interesting opponent. Not only do they have one of the Prodigal Five on their team, but their starters were also very skilled.

"Starting lineup, West – Great Britain." The announcers spoke through the speakers as the game was about to begin. The audience cheered for the team that had the steadfast small forward of the Prodigal Five.

One by one, the starters for Great Britain's names were being called.

"Jersey #5, Mountbatten." The 6'3 female made her way into the court, her silky brown hair tied up into a tight ponytail.

"Jersey #4, Mountbatten." Her twin, who was of the same height, entered the court, hair in the same style.

The Mountbattens were both of royal blood, so they weren't just anyone. The twins were both Countesses of Cambridge, alongside their family who were also nobles. Normally, they wouldn't have been able to play, as their grandmother strictly prohibits it, but after a few rebellious attempts from Elizabeth, they eventually let them do what they wanted, with a few conditions, of course. One of which, was to never associate themselves with the family during games. However, this proved to be very hard to do, as the Mountbattens were really good players, and the press are bound to recognize them at some point.

"Jersey #3, Middleton." The 6'4 center of Great Britain, with strawberry blonde hair in fishtails entered the court, eyes blank as she looked at the crowd. She absolutely hates crowds, and yet the sport she chose coincidentally has a lot of fans.

"Jersey #2, Holmes." The 6'0 point guard with long tendrils of light brown hair in loose curls stepped forward, eyes looking over the other team's bench calculatedly.

And lastly, there was – "Headed by Team Captain wearing Jersey #1, Horan."

A blank look was on Belzin's face as she continued to walk in front of her team's starting line. When she caught sight of the unbothered captain of the opposing team, her eyes narrowed into slits. What the leader of the Prodigal Five said earlier stuck to her.

"You're beneath me." Seinaru's cold words sent an involuntary shiver down her spine.

Determination bubbled inside her chest as the opposing team's captain's words resonated throughout her brain repeatedly.

She'll prove it to her. She'll prove to Seinaru that she's on the same standing – no.

She'll prove that she's better.

-

Ah, Block 126 – also an interesting bunch.

With almost everyone in their designated seats, with the exception of Nekoma and Fukurodani's players, it's quite a surprise that no one's arguing about last night yet.

"An' where'd that damn coat come from, Sakusa?"

Or perhaps it's too early to conclude that...

Atsumu Miya, at 5 minutes past 8 in the morning, glares at Sakusa quite leeringly, while the ace just looked at him in distaste.

"You mean the coat I used to cover up your girlfriend? If you wanted to do it, then you should've brought a coat of your own." But Sakusa was quick to shut him down as he leaned back in his seat, ignoring the seething boyfriend of Seinaru.