4 | window

you make me nervous.

[ 1

[ 1.05 ]

Scott stood in the living room of the burned-down Hale house with Derek across from him. He had dragged the boy from his house to "teach" him. Scott just grumbled, wishing he was in bed or studying. He was quickly getting tired of Derek's sudden visits.

"The best way to keep control around the Alpha is—" Derek was cut off by Scott's phone loudly ringing. He rolled his eyes as the boy pulled out his phone. "If that's Allison, I swear I'll break—"

"It's Willow. I have to get it," Scott told him, already answering it and putting the phone to his ear. "Will, now isn't a good time—"

"He – he's here." They could hear the fear in Willow's voice as she whispered in a shaky tone. "S - Scott—" She cut herself off as something clattered in the background and she whimpered.

Derek snatched the phone from Scott, having been listening in. "Willow, where are you?" The Alpha had found her, and for all they knew, she was helpless and alone.

Before Willow could reply, a loud crash sounded, as if something had been knocked over. It sounded as if the breath had been knocked from Willow, like she had been pushed across the room.

"Jackson!" Willow shouted.

"Jackson's with you?" Scott asked, crowding around the phone.

"Willow, you need to get out of there. Run. Get away from it," Derek ordered, panic creeping up on him.

But it didn't seem that Willow could hear them. The phone must not have been to her ear anymore. A few seconds passed before they heard another clattering sound.

They heard a low growl and Willow scream. The deep, animalistic breathing of the Alpha covered up the sound of Willow's whimpers.

"P - please, no," Willow whispered, sounding so helpless. "Please."

"No, no, no," Scott muttered, feeling a panic attack coming. He couldn't listen to Willow die.

The line was painfully silent for several moments, it only broken periodically by terrified whimpers. The silence was suddenly ended by the Alpha's heavy breathing, followed by the sound of glass breaking. The last thing they heard before the call cut off was Willow's chilling scream, which sent fear running through Derek's veins.

☽︎

Willow sat silently in the backseat of Lydia's car, listening as Jackson tried to convince Lydia to rent a movie that wasn't The Notebook. There was a small smile on her face that kept growing the more frustrated he got at Lydia's stubbornness.

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made," Jackson insisted as Lydia parked in front of the video rental store.