Chapter 1

-Hannah Bass-

"Han!" My mom yelled from downstairs making me drag myself downstairs. I walked into the den and found my parents sitting on the couch. Their expressions held bad news and I wondered what it could be.

"Uhm you called?" I asked trying to smile but I sensed bad new.

My dad had a stern look in his face. "Hannah sit down. We need to...talk."

I sat down and waited. "Well?"

"Honey." My mom said. "We know that you had your own plans for the future but you're twenty two and -"

"Woah woah! You guys said i didn't have to move out until I'm like 25?" I said. My parents had made a deal to give me a few years to start my life. Unfortunately I haven't gotten anywhere after finishing school.

My dad shook his head. "We're not kicking you out Hannah." He said reassuringly. But that didn't exactly calm my nerves because his voice held tension. In fact the room was thick with tension.

"So then...?"

"Hannah we've decided to not kick you out on one condition." He started.

I blinked. "Condition? What condition? I thought we already havs a condition!"

My dad closed his eyes. "In order for us to not kick you out....you have to get married soon." He spat the words out. The world stopped for a second at the sound of married.

"M-married?" I asked laughing nervously. I hoped this was a joke my dad thought was funny but by the look on his face told me it wasn't.

"You're old enough to get married and start a family." He continued. "Its about time you started. We're not here forever - mom and i."

I looked to my mom. "Mom! You can't make dad decide this. I'm still young and no..this is just wrong!" But she just looked at the ground without a word.

"Hannah this is our final decision. You are to be married soon, whether you agree with us or not." My dad said sternly. I was completely speechless.

"Be ready in the morning Hannah. Tomorrow we'll be meeting the boy's family." My dad added.

It felt like someone had tipped a bucket of ice over my head. "Boys family? You mean you and mom...already picked a boy for me to marry? Are you joking." I asked staring at them in shock.

My mom shook her head. "The Gilinsky family. Jack - isn't it? Yes Jack!" She said smiling at me. Am i supposed to be happy?

"What the hell dad! I'm old enough to make my own decisions and the fact that youre basically arranging a marriage for me!" I yelled and felt tears drop down my cheeks.

"Don't argue with your parents young lady! It is a decision we made for your own good so get rid of that attitude!" My dad shouted back.

"You don't know whats good for me! If you did then you'd know that I dont want this."

"Hannah...don't make this any harder dear, just go to your room." My mom said weakly before my dad and i had a full on word-battle.

I stood up. "You're so unfair!" I cried and stomped off angrily to my room. Tears spilled down my cheeks as I threw myself on the bed.

Arranged marriage? I'd never even dreamed of this.

-Jack POV-

"WHAT?" I yelled at my mom and dad who had just dropped a bombshell on me.

"Jack sweety...you have to understand that we're doing whats best for you and your future." My mom patted my hand.

I pulled it away. "I'm doing just fine now! I don't need to settle down!"

"You do Jack! We're happy for you and your career but you need to stop playing around and start your own family!" My dad said sternly.

"Family?" I snorted. "I'm 23 dad! I'm still trying to handle life and you think I'm ready for a family!?"

"Jack-" my mom said.

"This is bullshit!" I slammed my fist on the table.

"We're meeting with the family tomorrow so dress up nice and watch your manners my boy!" He added with a deadly look in his eyes. I knew better than to argue with my father so i just stared at the floor.

"We're leaving now. Dont be home too late and this is our final decision Jack, whether you're on board or not." He said walking out the door.

"Baby you'll understand." My mom whispered still sitting here. I shook my head and laughed bitterly.

"You still take his side mom when you know I'll never be happy." I said getting up and walking back into the recording studio leaving her in tears. I didn't make myself care because why should i?

My best friend Jack Johnson looked at me with sad eyes. I guess he had heard the whole thing, he bro hugged me and pulled me into a chair. Jack and i had been making music for the past 3 years and we've been doing great.

We're finally making a big break with a new album recording and a tour thats set to take place soon. "Bro...you're getting married."

I nodded. "So fucked up man. I refuse to get married now, I don't care what they say."

"They're gonna make you anyways. Might as well just let them." He said. I sighed knowing he's right, my parents would get it right and since they help sponsor my career I'll have to.

"I'm not ready." I said sinking in my chair. JJ shook his head sympathetically.

"Atleast you'll have someone to be there for you."

"I don't even know her bro..."

He chuckled. "Lets hope she's hot."

I laughed. But arranged marriage wasn't in my plans and now here it is just planned in front of me.