Chapter 3

-Hannah POV-

Today is the day I meet my soon to be fiancé and his family. I could tell you I'm excited and cant wait to see him but its far from any of that. Infact I'd rather throw myself out of the window and break my bones then meet them.

"Are you ready?" My mom asked coming into my room. I felt like crying but I shook my head instead, its not like she could so anything for me. She didn't even disagree with my dad.

"Hannah, you'll be fine." She said. I nodded and didn't elaborate further. I didn't want to talk to anybody about anything. I didn't want to see anybody. She gave up trying to get through to me and left.

I had a white lacy dress with brown cowboy boots. I let my black hair fall in curls and didn't bother dressing up further, hoping he would run away screaming.

"Hannah! They're here." My dad yelled from down. I took a deep breath and dragged myself downstairs. I wanted to run back up but had to stop myself, just woman up.

I stood behind my parents as the guests had stepped into our living room. I would see my fiancé now and I couldn't bring my eyes off the ground.

The parents exchanged hugs and greetings but I kept my eyes on the ground hoping they would ignore us. But obviously..

"This is our son, Jack." His parents said in unison ans nudged him forward.

"Oh this is Hannah." My dad nudged me forward a little too hard and I tumbled right into Jacks arms. I was forced to look at him now.

His big dark eyes bored into mine and held no emotion whatsoever. He got up and didn't help me up, such a gentleman. He brushed off his clothes and paid no attention to the fact that I fell.

I ignored him and greeted his parents, they're much nicer actually. Jack just stood with his hands in his pocket and looked half dead. I wanted to slap life into him.

We all ate dinner pleasantly. The adults were chatting away leaving Jack and I to talk which we did little of. He kept looking away and at his phone like he didn't care.

"I have better things to do." He muttered glancing at his watch.

"Like die. Better than being with you." I said under my breath. He had heard and just looked at me dead in the eye. I'm starting to like him less and less.

"So Hannah dear what are you doing now that schools over." Jacks Mom, Katherine asked me.

"I uhm started painting two years ago and I've been into that kind of stuff. Arts really a huge part of my life." I said smiling for the first time that night. Jack snorted.

Jacks dad smiled. "Lovely! Jacks also into art but musically of course. Arent you Jack?"

Jack nodded. "Yeah i guess so."

It was quiet for a while and the parents started chatting again while Jack and I stayed silent. There wasnt much to talk about anyways and I really didnt like him at all.

"Honey why dont you and Jack do the dishes tonight? We'll be outside." My mom smiled and they left the table.

I sighed and started stacking the dishes into the sink. Jack just stood against the counter watching me. "Uhm aren't you gonna help me?" I asked. He just ignored me and took out his phone. "Guess not." I muttered and did it myself.

Just as i was about to stack the dishes in the cupboard i slipped on a wet puddle and fell. I closed my eyes but didn't hit the floor. When i opened them Jack was holding me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I guess so, thanks." I said as he helped me to stand up. He cleared his throat and packed away the rest of the dishes while I stared at him in shock.

"What?" He asked me when he was done.

"Nothing. Thanks for catching me." I smiled.

"Yeah don't make it a constant now." He shot back walking out of the kitchen. My smile faded. Just when i thought he was being more nice, he proved to be a dick.

-JACK POV-

The night at my fiancées house wasn't all that bad. I mean I was fucking rude and I knew it but her family seemed very nice and all. I wasn't into it all.

I could tell she - Hannah - didn't like this idea at all and i couldn't blame her. Who wants to get married at 22 and 23 anyways? I was mean to her hoping she'd convince her parents to call it off.

After we said our goodbye's, I sulked the whole way home. Why did my parent's want me to do this? Im not ready for this. I want to be young, go to parties, get wasted and high, fuck girls. But instead im getting married.

Our parent's didn't mention anything about the wedding tonight which I was happy about. The later it is the better.

Hannah seemed okay, but i didn't look at her properly because I wasn't interested. I felt stupid for that now but either way, I didnt want to be with her.

-

Several weeks went by when my parents had came into my room.

"Honey we have an important dinner tonight with the Bass family. Its at our home." My mom said.

"Whats it about this time?" I asked not really interested.

"You'll see! I'm sure you and Hannah will be very happy when you find out." My dad smiled satisfyingly.

I nodded and headed to the shower leaving them behind. What could they possibly say tonight that could make me happy?