25 | Never Gonna Leave You

"Damn…"

Karina woke up and the first thing that greeted her was a massive headache. She held her head and slowly sat up on the bed. 

A bed. 

Karina's eyebrows furrowed.

'How did I get here?' 

She tries to look around despite the pain that she's feeling, but to no avail, the person that she's looking for is not with her. 

"Was it just a dream…?"

Her furrowed eyebrows didn't stay too long when her gaze landed on the yellow hoodie beside her. 

That isn't hers. 

And she definitely knows who it belongs to. 

Slowly, a radiant smile appeared on Karina's face. 

'So it wasn't.'

She took the hoodie and stood up from the bed. 

'But where is she?'

Karina got out of her room and went downstairs. She heard familiar voices in the dining room so she went straight to it. 

There, she saw her Mom and Winter talking to each other. The atmosphere surrounding them is not heavy, but definitely not light at all. The two both have a serious expression on their faces. They are too busy talking that they didn't even notice Karina approaching them. 

"Mom? Winter?" 

Tiffany turned to her daughter. The serious expression disappeared, replacing it with a gentle smile. 

"Hey, sweetie. Good morning." 

"Good morning, Mom." Karina said. She glanced at Winter and saw that the latter was already staring at her. 

"Good morning." Winter mouthed. 

Karina smiled lightly. 

"Eat your breakfast, sweetie." Tiffany said after wiping her mouth with a napkin. "I'm sorry I can't stay longer, I need to attend a meeting." 

"Are you going home late, Mom?" Karina asked while putting a pancake on her plate. 

"I might." Tiffany smiled at her, before turning to Winter. "I'm expecting you to look after her." 

"I will, Mrs. Yu." 

"And don't forget about what I said." 

Winter smiled and nodded. 

"Of course."

Karina, who's just quietly watching their conversation, raised a brow.

'What did they talk about?'

"I need to go." Tiffany stood up, taking the purse beside her. 

"Drive safe, Mom." 

Tiffany smiled and nodded, kissing her daughter's cheek before leaving the house. 

Now, Karina and Winter are left alone. 

"How was your sleep?" 

Winter casually said after taking a bite on her pancake. Karina even slightly flinched when she spoke, because the room was filled with silence earlier. 

"F-fine." The taller girl muttered, clearing her throat. "You carried me to my room?" 

"Hmm." The singer nodded her head. "Had to. You fell asleep in my car."