17

A.N: due to popular demand, and my weak ass resolve I'm going to continue this but i cant without y'alls help so dm me with ideas and stuff on how to keep this going alright? 

Y/Ns POV:

I can't help feeling like this is a trick, i know okay, I'm aware that I'm the luckiest person in the world. I went from having nothing to everything in moments, from sleeping in a tree to sitting in a luxurious bed in a room in Scarlett Johansson's house with Elizabeth Olsen at the foot of my bed. I don't want to sound ungrateful, this is the most kindness I've been shown in... well i suppose what i mean it I'm happy I'm here.

She said she was going to foster me. That could mean 2 things 1. she was lying as they always do, so that i don't feel bad or until they decide its too complicated or 2. she needs a press stunt to make her look good. I can see the headlines now 'Highest payed actress of 2021 adopts foster child'. I would go to a few events smile for some cameras and then, once everything died down i would be sent to some relative or back into the system discreetly. In the end it would be best to convince her out of it, that thought sent a wave of sadness through my brain, i really have been enjoying my time here, however short.

"Are you listening?"

The phrase took me out of my thoughts, it was one i had heard many times before, it usually came before him grabbing my chin to meet his eyes, or her fingers snapping in front of my face and her yelling about respect and discipline. The familiarity of it all stuck me fast and I flinched, responding as quick as I could. 

"Yes, sorry"

I could tell she saw it, the fear in my eyes and the way they avoided meeting hers. Thankfully, however she didn't mention it.

"Don't be, do you need something to eat?"

Her voice was unnaturally soft, it calmed my fears slightly but shoulders were still tense and my posture alert. Her words brought my attention to my stomach and the pain that rushed through it. When was the last time i ate?  It doesn't matter just say no.

"No thank you, ma'am" My eyes immediately widened, i did not just call Elizabeth Olsen ma'am. I had done it on instinct, having been taught thats the default, respectful title for a manageress. I only realized after its probably not the correct title for a kind celebrity. My head bowed and my gaze shot down to the floor.

"You don't have to call me that, and are you sure? you didn't touch the food Scarlett left out earlier."

"I'm not hungry, thank you though" A lie, and not a good one. Food has always been difficult for me, at my dads house it was always a reward for 'good behaviour' and taken away when he saw fit. Afterwards I kept those ideals, figuring what better way to train myself to be perfect so that i would get adopted, so that i would be loved. 

"alright, ill be back later, try to rest."

she stood up and walked out of the room, lingering for a moment with a worried look towards me and the untouched plate on the table besides me. I smile, as reassuringly as i can, before  she walks out.