Chapter 9, Surprise

It took around a week for me to get adjusted to living at the Avengers tower. After my kiss with Bucky he was a lot more free in touching. Steve was quite the gentleman and would always make sure I was ok. Clint and Stephen were all very shy about holding my hand or cuddling me.  Tony was, well, Tony.

In a small conversation Bruce had made it very clear that he saw me more of a daughter. I understood and also hadn't really seen him as a uh love option? Although I didn't know what to make of the whole dad situation.

When Peter wasn't at school you could always find him and Wanda either by me or holding the twins. They were my go to designated baby holders. Natasha was amazing. I didn't accept it at first but Natasha was almost like a replacement for my mom.

Eating was rough. Because I had been living on so little for most of my life, especially the last three weeks, my stomach tolerated few items.

I could tolerate fruits and vegetables but anything extra sweet or oily my stomach would refuse. We were quick to find out my body couldn't digest dairy. My mom must've instinctively known that I couldn't tolerate it as I had never had a dairy item before.

There was almost always at least one person nearby at any given time. The only thing I flatly refused was one of them staying with me for the night.

While I had let them do it only twice before, if I had a say in it, I wasn't ready.  Both of the other times I had been extremely tired and practically half dead.

Although I told them I wasn't ready, that wasn't the main reason. It was my nightmares. I didn't want to hurt one of them in my sleep. I know I have powers but I don't know the extent of them, hence the fear.

Another reason was because the twins slept in my room which meant I had to get up around three times a night to change and/or feed them.

Peter had to finish up the last week of his school so he ended up bringing my homework back for me to do. I did my finals online and aced all of them.

Thankfully, it was Saturday now. Everyone had something to do or someone to hang out with. Tony was dealing with the company, Stephen had gone to the Sanctuary for the weekend to "research." Clint and Peter were suspiciously absent. Wanda had gone to Austrailia to meet up with someone. Bruce was working on some sort of DNA thing in the lab. Natasha was out on a small mission and Steve and Bucky weren't in the tower right now.

To put it plainly. I. Was. Lonely. Yes, I had the twins and I loved them to death but they weren't my soulmates. That being said, I decided to go do something.

I quickly got changed into exercising clothes and put my hair up. The twins seemed to sense I was going somewhere so they quieted down as I picked them up and headed to the elevator.

They cuddled into my chest as I walked to the gym. I had only been to the gym once and that was only because Peter had wanted to show off a couple things he'd been learning.

That being said, the Avengers had flatly refused to let me do any sort of excersise for fear of me relapsing or something. I quickly set the twins down on one of the mats and grabbed some wraps from the rack. I made quick work of wrapping them around my hands. With one last glance to the twins I start warming up.

The stretch was amazing and I was ready in 10 minutes. Within seconds I was flipping across the floor. I had always loved gymnastics and that never changed. My mind filled with imaginary enemies, each being beat down by me.

The room flashed by as I spun on the mat. A bolt of energy from my hand zoomed across the room and hit the wall with a bang. It shook me out of my trance and I looked at it in horror. This wasn't supposed to happen.