seventy-nine

"what's up bitches," isla greeted her fellow coworkers as she stepped into the restaurant kitchen

"what's up bitches," isla greeted her fellow coworkers as she stepped into the restaurant kitchen. it was one of the rare times all five of them were working, jungwoo being the first to notice her.

"isla... you pierced your lip?!" he exclaimed, stepping closer to examine the silver jewelry on her lip.

"yep!"

jungwoos mouth parted open slightly in shock. "hot. did it hurt?"

"eh."

after their small talk, isla set down her small bag and got ready to begin sitting people. as usual, doyoung was already there waiting for costumers to arive, as they normally did it together.

"hi." she greeted.

doyoung looked to her, his eyes lighting up at the sight of her but his face staying neutral. "hey snotty. what's on your mouth?"

"lip ring. do you like it?"

"is it real?"

"very."

"nice... it looks... nice. it makes your lips look, um, you know... good." he muttered, his cheeks flushing a light shade of pink as his eyes alternated from her eyes to her lips.

isla snickered, covering her mouth at the way he fumbled his words. "thanks!"

"mhm," doyoung replied, looking back at the tinted door of the restaurant. "oh fuck. you're kidding."

isla watched as doyoungs ex came back into the restaurant the same way she did about a week ago. seeing that girl with her confident aura and clean, proper style, isla felt herself growing insecure once again.

why is it that she constantly makes me feel so small? she thought to herself.

"hi again," the girl greeted with her soft voice. even her voice was pretty.

she smiled at isla for a split second before reverting her eyes to doyoung. "this place looks pretty empty today... care to have lunch?"

isla glanced up at doyoung as she waited for him to respond. he hesitated and looked at her, not only because she was his fake girlfriend, but also because he truly didn't know if he wanted to and for some reason looking in her eyes made him feel calm.

"i don't know..." he mumbled.

"oh! go ahead, seriously. i don't mind." isla reassured, laughing nervously. i do mind. a lot.

"actually, i meant with both of you... i'd really like to get to know you more, isla, is it?" the woman smiled brightly.

islas mouth parted, thinking of a way to politely decline. "a-actually, i, um—i should probably get back there and make sure everything's good."

she turned to walk away, but felt doyoung gently grabbed her wrist. she looked at him.

"are you sure?" he asked. isla could feel the panic in his voice, and for once in the entirety of knowing him, she felt bad for leaving him alone.