𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
"The Governor"
——
tw: inappropriate touching

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT"The Governor"——tw: inappropriate touching

"Jane! Just tell us where your group is. Please!" Joslyn asks as she lifts up Janes head. Jane has been hit in her stomach so many times she is sweating bullets and can barley keep her eyes open. "You said— that— you'll do whatever for your people" Jane cries out as tears fall down her cheek while looking towards her sister.

"So— Do it. Keep hitting me but I can't tell" Jane breathes out as she leans her head back. "Hit her again..." Joslyn mumbles as she slowly backs away from Jane. "Don't— Don't hit her" Someone orders and Jane manages to lift up her head. It was a mama voice and when the man comes into view she stares at him. He was very clean and had his buttoned up shirt tucked into his pants looking almost... normal.

"Honey, she won't talk" Joslyn says walking up to the man and Jane furrows her eyebrows as she watches the man hold Joslyns hands and kiss the back of them. "I got her. You go" He orders and Joslyn looks back to her sister before her and John exit the room leaving it in silence you could hear a pin drop. "You look... exactly like Joslyn" The man says taking a seat across the table and looking to Jane in confusion. "Sisters?" He asks and Jane clears her throat and manages to nod her head.

"Most people around here call me the governor so, we can stick with that and you are Jane I know that" He says and Jane scoffs. "If you think we're friends now— you need to rethink that" Jane mumbles as she breathes heavily with her hands tied behind the chair. The governor smiles and takes his chair and sits closer to Jane. "Where's your camp?" He asks and tears fall down Janes cheeks again and she shakes her head. 

"I promise you, I would tell you because I am in so much pain but I can't" Jane says as she closes her eyes. "If you tell me, I can bring your group here and they could be safe just give me the place and we're good" The governor suggests and Jane groans.

"I'm not telling you anything!" Jane shouts and the governor stands up quickly grabs Jane by her neck and squeezes her neck tightly but not to the point of killing her. He brings his face closer to hers and Jane can practically smell his breath. Jane whimpers and wiggles around in the chair as he maneuvers his hands down Jane's shoulder slowly.

Jane closes her eyes as his hands go to the zipper of her jacket. She feels him unzip her jacket, "What are you doing?" Jane breathes out as she slowly opens her eyes to look the man in his eyes. He moves his hand to her waist and grips it tightly making Jane squeal in discomfort.

The governor pushes Jane's head back harshly and slowly backs away from making Jane let out a breath of relief and slight coughs. "You should've just told me where your camp is located" The governor says as he balls his fist up and leans forward punching Jane in the stomach and Jane let out a groan of pain as more tears stained her face.

"Ah— Ah" Jane cries as she feels the man untying her wrist from behind the chair. "John!" The governor shouts and John walks in with his rifle. "Lets give her to that big Glenn over there"  The governor says and John walks over grabbing Jane by her arm making her stand up herself. He begins dragging her out of the room and Jane locks eyes with her sister but she ain't begging for her help, as of now she's begging she went away.

Jane looks forward and is now facing a door when the door gets unlocked and swung open she is met with Glenn. Glenn's face is messed up and sweat leaks off his forehead and Jane lets out cries as she looks to him. John shoves Jane in the room and from the amount of pain she is in she trips and lands on her knees but Glenn rushes over to her and helps her stand.

"Jane!" Glenn calls out as he wraps his arm around her, bringing he in for a hug smashing his stomach into hers. "Ah!" Jane cries out in pain but she hugs Glenn back anyway. "We're through with games," the Governor says. "One of you is gonna give up your camp." He raises his gun at Glenn.

Jane turns around and looks between the gun and Glenn. Glenn steps in front of Jane and puts his head up high ready to take a bullet for her but Jane won't let that happen. "It's a prison! It's a prison!" Jane repeats stepping in-front of Glenn while holding her stomach. "There's like 10 survivors we set up our camp after clearing the walkers inside" Jane confesses as she sniffles in a cry.

Joslyn was standing beside the governor with her arm wrapped around him and Jane couldn't believe the sight so she turned around and hugged Glenn crying into his shoulders as the governor and his people left the room shutting and locking the door behind them. "I'm sorry! I couldn't let them kill you" Jane cries out and Glenn pulls away from the hug and puts his hands on both sides of Janes face.

"It's okay, we're okay" Glenn reassures as he fights the urge to lean in and kiss Jane right now. Jane looks back at him with tears covering her cheeks and she also fights the urge but neither of them want to admit it and Jane doesn't have the courage it's been years since she's even went on a date. Boys were always her last priority so... why does she care about one now?

After the reunion they sit down just a few feet away from the walker Glenn killed. "What did they do to you over there? I heard you scream" Glenn wonders and Jane unzips her jacket and lifts up her tank top revealing the bruises from being punched multiple times. "They wouldn't stop" Jane breathes out looking over to Glenn who analyzes her bruises. He places his hand onto hers and pulls her shirt down zipping her jacket up for her.

"Our top priority now is getting out of here okay?" Glenn asks and Jane nods her head sitting up against the wall. "What are we going to do? We have no type of weapons" Jane states and Glenn looks around the room and his eyes land on the walker and he rushes towards it leaving Jane confused. Glenn proceeds to yank off the walker's arm, snaps the forearm in half and hand Jane a shard of bone.

"What do I do with this?" Jane asks and Glenn stands up straight. "We have to kill then..." Glenn states and Janes breathing becomes uneven as she thinks of the last human she has killed. She didn't feel bad but she didn't want to do it but something came over her when she did. She doesn't want that relief of taking a life again because when she killed Shane she was almost happy to have pulled the trigger. It's not normal to be happy over a death especially when you're the one that ended their life.