I'm back

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow, I'll miss you so much!" Mitsuri cries to me as she brushed my hair

I can't stay for much longer, since the red-light district arc is about to start.

And also, I feel kinda useless in here since Mitsuri doesn't let me help with the cleaning or cooking since that's 'her job as a wife.' I did try to explain to her that the idea that the wife should do all the housework while the husband just lacks around is completely bullshit, and that it's important to everyone do their part in a relationship, but she just started to have a life crisis in the middle of kitchen.

I guess that modern couples are too much for a taisho era romanticist like her.

"Oh, I should make more sweets for you to take with you!" She says with a happy face, running off the room with a dork smile.

Obanai was just there across the room drinking tea, after the whole medusa demon thing he doesn't really glare at me anymore, but him being so passive makes me nervous for some reason.

"Obanai, do you think that I look like a baby chick?"

 "What? Where did this question come from?" He asks, taking another sip of his tea.

"Kyojuro said that I remind him of one, but I have no idea what he meant with that."

In response, he choked on his tea and spit it out on the floor.

"Are you okay?!"

I worriedly ran to him as I noticed his shoulders twitching.

"haha…"

"?"

"BWAHAHA - A baby- AHAHA a baby chick- HAHAHAA!"

Obanai….is laughing?

HE'S LAUGHING?! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE COULD DO THAT?!

"HAHAhaha.....ha… Should I call you nuggets from now or something? Pfft-"

"Wha- Of course not!"

"Pfft- about your question, i think that he was just compliment you in his own Kyojuro way.....BWAHAHA"

"STOP LAUGHING!"

Mitsuri came back to the room to see a flustered Y/N continually punching Obanai’s back while he laughed, almost tearing up.

"Obanai…laughing?"

Mitsuri.exe stopped working.

I was ready to set off now, Shiro was flying in circles above my head like she was telling me to speed up with the goodbyes.

"sniff, here! I made a lot of sweets, so you can eat it every day!" Mitsuri said, tearing up. 

"I will miss you guys a lot! Try not to cry too much in my absence, okay Obanai?" I try to mock him.

Different from what I expected, he showed no reaction at all and said: "… Don't worry, I won't. Nuggets."

"STOP WITH THAT NICKNAME-"

My heart beat got stronger and stronger the closer I got to the butterfly mansion, I was starting to feel like I would vomit anytime soon.

As the butterfly mansion appeared in my vision, I froze. I couldn't move, like my feet was suddenly glued to the ground.

….I'm nervous...I don't think I can do it.

Now that I'm so close to seeing everyone again, I can't stop trembling.

I crouch in the middle of the road, still panicking.

I said so many things that I didn't want. I was so mean to Tanjiro! Not only that, but I left without saying anything. What if they don't want to be friends with me anymore?!

'It's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault.'

'I can't do it- '

'maybe I should just go back and-'

"Y/N!"

My thoughts were cut off when someone exclaimed my name.

I raised my head to see him outside the house.

Tanjiro was standing there, breathing heavily like he had run outside.

Shiro was flying above him..... Did she call him there?

"Y/N!"

"Tan…Tanjiro!"

"Y/N!"

"Tanjiro!"

"Y/N!"

I didn't even notice that I was already running in his direction, tackling him into a hug. Both of us fell to the floor with the impact.

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have screamed at you! You were just trying to help, and I was so mean!"

"No, it was my fault! I shouldn't have pressured you!"

"What do you mean? It wasn't your fault! I was mad and took it out on you! I'm so sorry, Tanjiro!"

"Y/N is back!" Kiyo suddenly appears, ignoring the fact that me and Tanjiro were sprawled in the floor and coming to hug me too.

"Y/N!"

"Welcome back!"

"…y/n!"

"Y-Y/N!"

"Ara, welcome back."

"ANGEEEL! YOU ARE BAAACK!"

"UNDERLING!"

They're all here….

I was so stupid. How could I think they wouldn't want to be friends anymore? That's not the type of people they are at all. I was being such an idiot.

I used my arm to wipe out my tears, trying my best to smile without burst out crying.

"I'm back!"