Saint Denis

​​The next morning, Dutch, Hosea, John, Arthur and (y/n) were sitting at the table, deciding what their next move was. "It’s gonna work out, you two…it’s gonna work out." Hosea said as he pats (y/n)'s hand and gives a sympathetic look towards John. "I don’t expect you two to understand this… but I have never been more proud of both of you…than I am right now. Both of you are doing the right thing." Dutch said while (y/n) looks down.

Arthur places a hand on her shoulder as John speaks up. "If I don’t get the boy back safe…I’m…She…She’ll kill us all." John said, referring to Abigail. "And I need...I can't lose Annebeth...." (y/n) said and Dutch looks between them. "I know, but…looking at this logically, those kids are fine. They took them to scare us. Nobody takes two kids to harm them." Dutch assures them and John and (y/n) stare at him then look over at Hosea. "He’s right." Hosea said then Dutch looks up at Arthur.

"What do you think, Arthur?" He asked him and Arthur looks down at (y/n) before he lets out a sigh through his nose. "The kids will be fine, but…of course Marston and (y/n) are scared rotten. Hell, I'm alittle worried myself. We killed all those people…we stirred up all that trouble…for nothing." Arthur said and (y/n) turns her head up to him then places her right hand over his hand that was on her left shoulder. "No, no, not for nothing. For living. Now we get those kids back…and we go. Trust me." Dutch said just as John and (y/n) share a look.

"Hey, Dutch. We got a problem." Lenny calls out and everyone turns and see Milton and Ross walking up, Lenny behind them. "Not a problem…visitors…a solution. Good day fine people." Milton said as everyone starts to gather around. John and Hose stand up from their chairs and (y/n) looks over at the new visitors with fear and worry.

"Mr. Van der Linde. Mr. Mathews, I presume. And…" Milton said to Dutch and Hosea then he looks over at John. "...who are you?" He asked. "Rip Van Winkle." John replied with a bit of sarcas. "Huh…good day, sir. Agent Milton, Pinkerton…Detective Agency. Agent Ross." Milton introduced then he looks over at Arthur and (y/n).

"Ah, Mr. Morgan…nice to see you and this lady again." Milton said. "And to what do we owe the pleasure…Agent Moron?" Dutch asked Milton, a bit of annoyance in his voice. "I don’t know if you’re aware but this…this is a civilized land now. We didn’t kill all them savages…only to allow the likes of you…to act like human dignity…and basic decency was outmoded or not yet invented. This thing…it’s done." Milton said and Dutch stands up and faces Milton.

"This place…ain’t no such thing as civilized. It’s man so in love with greed…He has forgotten himself and found only appetites." Dutch said with a bit of a snarl. "And as a consequence that lets you take what you please…kill whom you…please and hang the rest of us? Who made you the messiah…to these lost souls you’ve led so horribly astray?" Milton asked Dutch as he gestures to the gang.

"I’m nothing but a seeker, Mr. Milton." Dutch explained. "You ain’t much of anything more than a killer, Mr. Van der Linde. But I came to make a deal. It’s time. You come with me…and I give the rest of ya three days to run off…disappear and go and live like human beings….someplace else." Milton said and (y/n)'s eyes widen at this then gives a worried look towards Arthur, who turned his head to the right to look at her.

"You came for me? Risked life and limb in this den of lowlifes and murderers…so that they might live and love?" Dutch asked then he begins to chuckle. "Ain’t that fine." He said and everyone laughs. "I don’t wanna kill all these folk, Dutch…just you." Milton said then Dutch raises his hands in the air, almost like in surrender.

"In that case…it’d be my honor…to join you." Dutch said to Milton then he turns to the gang. "Excuse me, friends…I have an appointment to keep with…" Dutch started to say but then everyone starts to load their weapons, even (y/n) who stood up and reaches for her revolver in her holster.