Part 39

"You go, I go." 

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Boss! Toman is coming! We gotta go!" A voice echoed throughout the nearly silent warehouse, the only noise being Akira's groveling and sobbing as he stared at one of the people he'd had with him his whole life, dead on the ground.

"KOTA! KO-KOTA GET UP! KOTA PLEASE- PLEASE!" Akira screamed, tears flying everywhere as he tried to move forwards but was held back by the boy behind him, his two dogs sitting next to him. He felt Kota's blood begin to dry on his face, it splattering from the bullet going through his head.

"Stop- or he'll kill you too." The boy warned into his ear before yanking him back.

"Ichiro, we should leave. We don't need to fight Toman just yet," the boy spoke from behind Akira, Ichiro didn't respond, instead, he stared down at the person he'd just killed, his red eyes being widened in seeming shock.

"Ichi!" The boy spoke up, catching Ichiro's attention. The captain nodded, letting the gun slip from his grip, clattering to the ground.

"You know... when I first met you guys, every time you'd talk he'd stare at you with more love than I've seen anyone show for another person," Kisaki mumbled, a sick smirk on his face.

"I'll see you around, lover boy." Kisaki snickered, palming the crying boy's head as he walked past, exiting the warehouse from the opposite end.

Akira stared at the dead boy in front of him, barely being able to breathe. There were a few moments of silence before a voice spoke out.

"Akira... Akira look at me." Asahi spoke, making his way over to his best friend who was still kneeling in front of Kota.

"Hey- look at me, don't look at him, just-" Asahi mumbled reaching out and grasping onto Akira's face, turning it towards himself. Akira's tears began to run over Asahi's knuckles.

"Just look at me, Aki." Asahi sincerely mumbled, staring into his best friends blue eyes, Akira lightly nodded,

"This is my fault, Asahi, all of it." Akira breathlessly whispered, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried to stop the tears from falling from his eyes.

"No, it's not. It's theirs, and we'll make them pay, I promise you, and I promise Kota, We'll make them regret this." Ashai mumbled, pulling Akira's face into his shoulder, hugging his best friend as tight as he could, worried that he'd disappear from right next to him, just as Kota did. Akira opened his eyes, staring forwards at the dead boy in front of him. Seeing the small smile that remained on Kota's face was finally the breaking point for Akira Baji.

All of the frustration, all of the pain he'd still held in from his brother's death, his chance of getting his old best friend back ripped from his grasp by someone he'd loved years ago, it all came undone. He took a deep breath as Asahi tightened his grip on him, knowing what was coming.

"KOTAAAAAA!" Akira heart-wrenchingly screamed, squeezing his eyes shut as he felt his throat burn with the volume of the scream. It was the most pained, broken scream his best friend had ever heard, it being insanely loud as it was right next to his ear, yet Asahi didn't complain. He just kept his eyes squeezed shut, trying to keep the tears from falling down his face.

"AKIRA?! ASAHI?!" A familiar voice screamed from the entrance of the warehouse, The first division rushing into the building. Neither of the two responded, Akira just took deep breathes as Asahi held him tightly.

"Oh thank god! We thought you'd be hurt! Akira! You're bleeding, are you okay?!" Takemichi asked, kneeling next to the two boys, not getting a response as Creed ran past him, Chifuyu joining his side.