Chapter 18: The Empire Of Parpaldia

3rd Department office, Parpaldian Empire

"The hell is happening ! Shouldn't the plan works flawlessly ! " Someone shouted

"They declined the proposals...Sir Kyeos" the aide nervously answered

"Those! Impudent little!! What about our oversight army?!" Said by Kyeos with bloodshot eyes.

"Yes... The imperial oversight Army of 22 ship of the line will departing after the replenishment in the port to punish the kingdom of Fenn sir"

The Parpaldian Empire 3rd foreign affairs department office was located outside the palace. The function is almost identical to the ASEAN foreign affairs ministry that in charged in the handling diplomatic relationship with foreign dignitaries. But there's a difference though as the Parpaldian Foreign Affairs department has 3 types of caste in dealing with other countries.

The 1st department was located at the palace and exclusively made the dealings with the 4 other superpowers as they needed the most delicate care at most so because of this the elites of the elite gathered here.

The 2nd department was located outside the palace and deals with the civilized countries other than the superpowers. Though they are not equals with the Parpaldian Empire but they still needing some prudence in handling them while gaining better leverage that advantageous to them because some of them are allied or protectorate of other superpowers so they cannot exploit them by showing off their national powers. And the staff here were the rest of elites assigned.

And finally the 3rd department was also situated in the outside of the palace like the 2nd department but the difference is they are most numerous staffed department amounting 60% of the Parpaldian Foreign Affairs department and they deals with the barbarians of the outside civilized zone which a thousand times weaker that them. They where tasked to handle the barbarians through any various means such as sanctions on the trade, pressure with the difference of national powers and the most upfront is sending the imperial oversight army to directly punished them.

The secretive and costly national stratagem initiated by the 3rd department was spectacularly failed due to intervention of ASEAN and because of the immense resources and time they poured in, they are in tough position to hide their failures but fortunately the information about the failure still limited in the 3rd department as no ones knows the ASEAN but he little know that someone already discovered this country and presently doing extremely stupid that would put the Empire in extreme jeopardy. Nonetheless without prior knowledge he ignored it for the moment thus presently Kyeos trying to patch everything through anything as far as making the ASEAN, the new owner of lauria to pay the debts and investment that the 3rd department poured in.

The current issue right now why Kyeos was so angry. It was all about a country 210 Kilometers away from Parpaldia, there are 2 like a ying and yang shaped islands, the country located in the east was the kingdom of fenn while in the west the country was called Holy Land of Gahara. Both island nations have a total length of 120 and width of 60 kilometers. And another 500 kilometers south lies the country of ASEAN.

As per of the Emperor's order, the notion of expanding southwards was taken by the 3rd department to get some credit thus they demanded Fenn to gift the forested area of about 400 square kilometers in size thinking that the Fenn doesn't need it as they don't have any use to it anyway so there's no loss or disadvantages to the country. But then--Shihan king of Fenn declined the demands even though it was a generous offers that any barbarians countries would come biting after giving a word. If other uncivilized countries heard it that the king of Fenn declined such once in a lifetime offer they would likely gonna call Shihan as brainless nuts as the benefits was enormous;No one will picked a fight with them as they have the Parpaldian on their backs, they will turned into semi civilized state once the trade with such benefits begun and lastly they will gonna become a filthy rich country.