Daybreak

A/n: I added Irene and Female Gray to the mix

Word Count: 6394

~~10 years ago~~

In the front yard of a mansion, two children play on the grass. A red-haired boy and a blonde girl. They laugh as they tag each other while a large mermaid woman takes care of them.

???: "Is this why you summoned me?! Just so you can make me watch as you two play?!" The woman says, certainly not happy

The two children ignore her. Their game comes to an end when the blonde girl tackles the boy to the ground.

???: "F/n, are you ever going to take me with you to join your guild?" The blond asks

F/n: "That's if your mom lets you. Besides, you need to be super strong to join."

???: "But I'm super strong..."

F/n: "Well, you're a Celestial Mage. So it'll be harder for you since you have to find strong keys. You already have Aquarius, but she's too grumpy."

The mermaid woman has seemed to hear that.

Aquarius: "What did you say you little brat?!"

She goes on a rant as the two children ignore her.

???: "I'll try my very best! To join the same guild as you." They both share a smile

A maid yells for the blonde girl.

Maid: "Lady Lucy, dinner is served!" They both stand up. "Why don't you ever eat with me?"

F/n: "Because I have other things to do." He turns his back towards, beginning his leave. "But don't worry, I'll always come to see you..." He waves goodbye

The girl too waves goodbye as Aquarius raises an eyebrow, suspecting something.

Aquarius: "Girl, do you like that rascal?"

The little girl blushes, as Aquarius's face forms a smile...

~~The Present~~

Two red eyes open, before F/n sits upon his bed, rubbing his eyes.

F/n: "Strange. I've never had that dream before."

He gets out of bed, hearing nor seeing a sign of Natalie and Happy.

F/n: "They must've gone out for a job."

He changes his clothes and serves himself a bowl of cereal. There's a moment where F/n stops eating, just simply staring at the bowl while gripping his head.

A series of images pass through his head. Images of fighting countless dragons. He calms down, closing his eyes, sighing.

F/n: "This is such a pain in the ass. I, a legendary mage, am scared of something that happened centuries ago. How embarrassing..." His eyes open, sensing something. "So you were recruiting her?"

~~Lucy's Apartment~~

At Lucy's new apartment, Lucy and Happy surround an insanely concentrated Natalie, who had a flame burning on her open palm.

Lucy: "And he's somehow supposed to come out of there?" She points at the flame

Happy: "Aye!"

Lucy: "This is probably the most concentrated I've seen her so far."

Happy: "Well, Natalie has too. If she doesn't F/n won't know where we're at."

Natalie: "He's here!"

Lucy: "Huh?" Her eyes widen as what's happening around her