Chapter 112

Your POV
A couple of days have gone by since theast time my father showed up. I was feeling less tense and like he actually decided to go back to Yanamashi.

Giyu was currently at work and I was at home enjoying my day off. I had tomorrow off too because our cafe is currently undergoing skight renovations to make it look more modern.

We were also getting new uniforms which is exciting.

I felt my phone buzz, and when I pulled it out I found my mother calling me.

Oh boy...what could it be this time?

"Hi mom."

"Congratulations on making up with your father!!" She bellowed.

I froze there confused as she continued to talk.

. . .since when did I make up with dad?

"I'm sorry...repeat that?"

"You two have been butting heads for just about ever, I'm so glad you both made up! We can go back to being a decent family..."

"Mom."

"Though of course you still need to make up with your brother,"

"Mother."

"And you still need to become close with his fiance so that we can all be together once aga-"

"Mom!"

"Yes dear?"

"I never made up with dad? At least...I don't remember making up with him..."

My mom was silent on the other line for a good thirty seconds before she spoke up again.

"Didn't Osamu stop by?"

"He did, but all he did was criticise Giyu and I."

"..."

"Oh also, Giyu moved in."

"..."

Oh wow, I'm surprised she didn't comment on that..

The line was silent once again for a long time and I just stood there in awkward tension.

What is she doing??

I cleared my throat, "Mom?" I called.

"Sorry, I had to take care of something. You're not working right now are you?"

"No, I have the today and tomorrow off, why?" I asked.

"Oh no reason...anything new by the way?"

"The only super new thing is that-"

"Oh, sorry (y/n), I'm going to have to end our call now. So sorry, but I'll call you later goodbye!" My mom suddenly spoke.

"Uh, bye--"

My mother ended the call before I could even say goodbye. Is everything okay over there?

Why did she think that dad and I made up? Was he supposed to apologise all those times he showed up? Because I certainly was not going to apologise, I haven't done anything wrong.

But...I seriously wonder why she called me, assumed dad and I made up, and then hung up when she found out we didn't.

My head hurts just thinking about this.