"She makes Joey go red..... like tomatoes!"

Chapter 8

"Ari baby please just ... please call me. I lo-" I pulled the phone away from my ear and pressed the end button, ending the voicemail.

"Another call?" My eyes snapped up and met the familiar pair of blue eyes. "Yeah." I whispered staring at the phone in my hand. "What am I supposed to do Jake?" I cried shutting my eyes as tears fell from my eyes. "Oh Ari." He sighed laying next to me on my bed. He pulled my body close to his and ran his fingers through my hair.

"Where are the twins?" I asked quickly sitting up. Yesterday I picked them up and brought them back home. They never asked what happened. Its like they could feel it. We laid in bed and watched movies and pigged out on ice cream. After that we decided to sleep.

It broke my heart when Zoey cried silently when she thought I fell asleep. My worst fear came true. Caleb hurt my baby.

"Quin took them to see the other pack kids." Jake said pulling me back into his arms. I sighed in content as his fingers ran down my back. I bit my lip and burried my head into his neck. What's wrong with me? Was I getting turned on by my bestfriend? My wolf whinned at me to get away from Jake. He wasnt our mate and she hated the hold Jake was currently having on me.

"Ari do you smell that?" Jake whispered stopping his fingers. Involuntarily I let out a moan in protest. "Ariana?" I blushed and kept my head hidden from him. "Shut up." I mumbled making him laugh. "Look at me." He chuckled. I let out a sigh and slowly back away until I could see his face. "You're so beautiful." He breathed caressing my face.

I blushed and glanced away from his intense stare. "Ariana look at me." He urged. I bit my lip and glanced at him under my lashes. He groaned and before I knew it his lips were on my own.

I ran my fingers through his soft blonde hair pulling him closer to me. I smirked as I felt him shiver on top of me. He gently nibbled on my bottom lip making me let out a breathy sigh. His hands slowly trailed down my body making me bite my lip until I drew blood. I could hear Jake sniff then he quickly jumped off of me.

"Fuck! I'm sorry Aria." He growled running his fingers through his already disheveled hair. "Its fine. Come back." I smirked crawling to the edge of the bed where he was. He stiffened as I got closer before rushing to the end of the room by my window.

"No. You're... damn it Ariana!" He groaned as I pulled off my shirt. I wanted him. I needed to feel wanted. "You're in heat." He shouted pressing against the wall as I jumped off the bed.

"I haven't gone through a heat since after the twins were born." I scoffed letting my hair fall out of the bun. "Its because of him. Its because of Caleb." He sighed. I stumbled over and fell onto my bum.

Caleb.

Oh god what was I doing! I quickly grabbed my shirt pulling it on. "I'm so sorry Jacob." I blushed covering my face. How could I forget. I would have heats now since I was back on Caleb's territory. That's why I was so turned on by Jacob. I craved masculine touch every heat. It should only be for Caleb. But we weren't marked anymore. Thank god.

"It's fine love." He sighed sitting down a couple feet away from me. I let out a small giggle and shook my head making my curls bounce slightly. "I'm such a wreak." I sighed pulling on a strand of my hair. "You're just going through a rough patch." Jake said gently grabbing a hold of my hand.

I felt the familar urge to jump him and quickly pulled my hand away. "Right.... ill just pick up some lunch for you and send it back with Quin. I'll see you in two days love." He smiled quickly kissing my cheek before rushing out of the room before I could do anything wreakless.