Visiting | Chpt 13

Hello babes, I'm going on vacation soon so I'll let you know when I'm not posting.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I was stood outside the prison that my mother was held in, Aizawa standing beside me. He was holding an umbrella over my head, though I had a hood on. It was raining hard and foggy, especially over the trees as the cold air sank into the ground. It was frigid and I watched Aizawa's fingers grow red at the tips--insistent on covering me from the rain.

When they finally let us in, it was no less cold in the front hallway of the visitors' entrance. We made our way to a private room, a nasty blue glow coming from the fluorescent lights above. I sat there for a moment, my jacket dripping occasionally on the floor.

"How is your eyebrow?" Aizawa asked and I just shrugged, caving over to rest my chin against my hands--which where folded neatly on the table. Normally, my mother would tell me not to slouch, but I didn't really care. Officers escorted her into the room, sitting her across from me at the table. I sat up, staring at her.

"What happened to your eyebrow?" she asked first--breaking her silence. The first subject at hand got caught up in my throat, taken by surprise at the fact she had actually noticed.

"What?"

"You don't have stitches there," she stated. "What happened?"

"I cut myself by accident, they grew by themselves," I stated and she narrowed her eyes, thinking about it for a moment. I felt my lip quiver slightly, swallowing. "Did you know that?"

"Know what?"

"Know that my quirk grew it's own stitches?" I asked. She watched me for a moment, eyes unwavering. Even in her prison jumpsuit, her hair was still sleek and she looked clean. The only difference was that she looked unrested. "Mother."

"No," she stated.

"You're lying," I said, setting my hands on the table. I watched her eyebrows twitch at the center, signifying that she was indeed lying. She let out a breath, breaking eye contact with me.

"I told your father not to."

I felt my blood boil.

"Oh and he's so hard to say no to," I stated. I knew my mother was influential, she ran most things in the family. She would have no problem getting her way. My mother just hadn't tried hard enough. I felt my nose stuff up and my eyes get glassy. I let out a loud, sharp, huffing breath. "I was a kid."

"I know," she stated.

"No you don't!" I called, slapping my palms against the table. Her eyes snapped up to me and I could feel Aizawa watching intently. "You don't know because your father didn't cut you up and stitch you back together. You don't know because you wouldn't have done it too. I was 8 when he gave me the one on my back and I was so embarrassed, sitting there hunched over like I was some monster while he sewed my skin together. You don't know how painful it really was. Having to sleep on my side for nights after that, I was still growing. Neither of you cared one bit!"

By the time I had gotten through my little rant, I realized that I was standing over her with my hands planted firmly in the table. I stood up, letting my hands go slack, as soon as I could. I plopped back in the chair with a heavy breath, feeling the anger on my face. I glared at the floor, catching and releasing the air in and out of my lungs.

I was honestly scaring myself now, letting the resentment of the past affect me so much now.

"Trust me. You are my child. I know."