Chapter 6

King was a mystery of his own. His eyes often changed colors just as his emotions. One minute they were light, filled with life, and another minute there was immense gloom in them. What was it about him? Every nerve and muscle in my body wanted to find out. A few drinks in and his beauty increased in front of my eyes.

Fuck.

I was drunk.

The only thing I wanted to avoid the whole night was getting drunk and losing my senses and I did exactly that. Surely, tomorrow morning was going to be another regret. It wasn't too late at night but the cold had begun to pierce into my skin.

People began leaving and wandering off to their homes. Liz was nowhere in sight as well. The last I saw of her was gawking at me while I was standing beside King and making jokes. For the first time in a very long time, I laughed—laughed. It was a terrible wave of laughter but they were pure and real.

Moments later after our sixth drink, I found myself inside the guest bathroom, rammed against the wall while King's lips kissed every inch of my skin. He was sweet and manly in every way possible and now, it was my time to find relief for the night.

I closed my eyes and relaxed against the wall as he ran his tongue through my neck and kissed it. An unknown quaking rose inside me, making me feel something at last—something good. My body responded to him and so did my soul. Every inch of me wanted this stranger between my legs. It was raw sexual energy that I had never felt before.

"You smell too sweet to be not tasted." He whispered as he slipped his hand between my legs and reached upwards to my quivering core where even his lightest kisses bought a rise out of me.

I ran my hands through his muscles and felt his pumping veins throb underneath the tip of my fingers. He was muscular in every way and form and I couldn't wait for him to take me. It didn't matter who he was, how old he was, or where he came from. He was hot and my body was welcoming him.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I cried as he nibbled on my neck. He drew my flesh into his mouth and bit down gently, leaving a love bite. His erection was hard and against my stomach. He was all prepared and so was I.

Moving his mouth away from my neck, his eyes returned to mine and he cupped my face. "You look fucking beautiful." His thumb pressed against my cheek before he drew it across my lips. "And I have no patience." It was clear that King had a little too much to drink at his own welcoming party.

"Then fuck me as you please to do so." I pushed hips closer to his bulging erection and he pushed in deeper. "Mr. King." I glared into his eyes and waited for the storm of lust to appear. It came soon enough and when it did, he planted his lips over mine and possessed my mouth.

I kissed him back and slid my hands across his torso. My mouth watered as his tongue slipped in and explored. A gagged moan followed out of my throat right when his hands went behind my dress, nearing the zip. It took him a moment to unzip the dress and soon, it fell off my shoulders. Lost in the moment, I forgot about the gash on my waist.

The fucking wolf.

His hand crept to my breasts and then right over the big bandaid. He pulled back immediately and a wave of shock spread through his face. His eyes widened as they fell about the bandaid and then his hands left my body.

"Fuck." He groaned.

"It's nothing." I tried to ignore it and hoped he would too. We were having a great moment and I wanted this to continue—regardless of the pain I was feeling. "It barely hurts. It was just a bite from a wolf. It has healed." It hadn't. The pesky gashes were nowhere healed. They burned throughout the night like my body was set on fire. The drinks helped with the pain but it was still there.

King uttered nothing. He was silent for a long minute while trying to register what he had seen. His eyes didn't move and the surprise never left his face. A hint of guilt appeared in his eyes when they clicked back to mine.

"You should be resting." He said, breaking his silence.

I breathed out heavily, "No, it's fine. Really." My hands reached forward, yearning for him to return into my hold so we could continue but he backed away.

"You should be resting." He repeated and then cleared his throat after a second. "It seems to be deep." His voice got deeper and deeper with his every suggestion. "Go home and rest."

"But—"

"You need to rest." He spoke in a dominating tone that forced me to obey for once. "You can worsen your condition. We can always continue this later, whenever you're better." His eyes had gone into a bright shade of brown by then. The lust that once hung was nowhere to be seen. He was just confused. "Goodbye, Eos." He whispered while buttoning up his shirt and leaving the washroom.

I groaned and balled my hands into fists before moving around in circles out of frustration. It was just a fucking bite. Who cares? I barely cared about it. I was so close to getting a beautiful man between my legs and boom, it was all over.

My head throbbed as I zipped up my dress. Before leaving the washroom, I leaned over the counter and splattered cold water over my face while not caring about the makeup I had. The night was over—at least for me.

Once out of the washroom, I headed back to the room where my bag was kept and pulled out the hoodie I had carried along with me. The groans didn't stop. I shoved my hands into the hoodie and threw it over the dress before slipping out of the Mayor's house from the back door exit.

Before leaving, I had noticed that King wasn't among the people. He had left.

I scared him away.

Fuck.

But to my great luck, I still had his number saved on my phone and mine on his. We exchanged numbers halfway throughout third drink. Most of our conversation was about Frostford—the town I was living in. I ranted about the high-school torture I went through here and a few more great stories about my life.

Those were the only ones.

Aunt Carol picked me up from the Mayor's house just after I pinged her that the event was over.

"How was it?"

"Good," I replied while keeping my eyes on the road. Surprisingly, it was an amazing event compared to the others I had attended.

Droplets of rain fell over the windows of the car and the wiper moved quickly while we passed away from the Mayor's house. Aunt Carol raised the volume of the radio while driving.

"That's nice. I hope you're feeling better."

"I do." I nodded with a smile. Whether or not I got King between my legs, I still had a great time chatting with him. For a moment, it almost felt like a date.

"How's the injury?" Her neck twisted.

I pressed my hand over the wound and felt a sting. "It's getting better."

It wasn't.

Read up to Chapter 45 on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr