Chapter 12 : Opportunity

There's a tiny present at the end of the chapter. Thank you for your patience 💜💜

 Thank you for your patience 💜💜

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

He could make wine and cause vines to grow.

He could also transform himself into a bull or a lion.

One of his special powers,

Was the ability to drive mortals insane.

Dionysus is unique among the Olympic gods.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I stared at the sin, unconsciously tracing the mark on my wrist

I stared at the sin, unconsciously tracing the mark on my wrist. It didn't tingle like it usually would. Which means Liam was either too far for his presence to be detected or something fishy is going on.

"Drink this." Dionysus held the rim of a golden cup to my lips.

It was so sudden that I instinctively stepped back, scrunching my nose. "What in-the-Hades is that?"

Dionysus grinned. "A gift."

I peered at the empty chalice and watched as a warm purple liquid pooled in out of nowhere until it reached the brim. It almost looked like magic.

Taking in my skepticism, Dionysus continued. "It's not poison. You asked me to help Zion and I've decided to obey your simple wish. Drinking this will grant me the opportunity to lend you my abilities. Don't you like the idea of extra power?"

I stared at him, remembering how he had sworn to protect Hades. But Dionysus isn't known to do something out of the kindness of his heart. From all my previous encounters with greek gods, there's one thing I've learned. And that is, everything comes at a price.

"What's the catch?"

At my words, the god's lip stretched into a wide smile, displaying a sardonic sense of humor. "To be honest I'm not entirely sure. But something tells me I'll need your help in the coming days. Either to protect Hunter or to save Dimitri. I just want to make this deal so I can pull the card when the time arrives."