Part 5

As I closed up the store my phone buzzed.
Hi honey, your father and I are going out for dinner, there's food in the fridge, we won't be back till late. Xx
I sighed, hoping that Ryan wouldn't be in. Without my parents there, he could say whatever he wanted to me with no consequences, and trust me, he really took the opportunity. I quickly replied to my mum, and got on my bike. It was early October, so the weather wasn't too pleasant, meaning my bike ride home was always as quick as possible.
After what felt like hours, I finally got home. I got off my bike and put it down the side of the house. I looked around, the stars looked beautiful tonight. I stood there for a minute looking up at the sky before shivering. I took my bag off and searched for my keys.
Shit.
Now I was hoping Ryan was in, although I didn't really want to see him, I also did not want to stand in the cold for hours. I walked back to the front of my house and knocked on the door, hoping it would be answered.
I stood there for a while, waiting, before I heard the click of the lock being opened.
I breathed a sigh of relief, but braced myself to be alone with Ryan. The door opened and I looked up, my eyes went wide when they met with a now familiar pair of green ones.
"hey Olivia." She smiled as I stepped inside.
"Hey.. sorry I forgot my keys." She laughed softly, god I could get used to that sound. I smiled back at her "where's Ryan?"
I noticed Her smile fade a bit.
"Oh he's just in his room, he told me to come get the door because he was in the middle of a game.."
I shut the door, and took my coat and shoes off, giving her a sympathetic look.
"He's a dick" I said, walking into the living room, gesturing for her to follow.
"I take it you really don't get along well..?" She asked as I sat down on the couch. I wasn't sure what to reply, I didn't want to throw him under the bus completely but I also didn't want to lie to her.
"Yeah... he just has some views on things I believe in, that we disagree on." I replied, looking up at her. "You going to sit?"
"Oh, yeah." She laughed, sitting down on the other side of the couch.
"What views do you disagree on?" She asked, looking at me.
"Homosexuality." I replied plainly, making eye contact with her.
"Oh.." she looked down at her hands in her lap, biting her lip softly. She was really beautiful.
I felt like I should explain a little more so I continued, "I came out last year and he hasn't spoken to me normally since." She looked up at me and our eyes met. "I didn't know." She said quietly.
Our conversation was interrupted when we heard Ryan shout from upstairs.
"Lily who was at the door."

"I should probably go back up." She said standing up quickly, about to walk away.
"Lily wait." I said, standing up and walking over to her. "Our parents are having a party tomorrow, has Ryan invited you?"
"He mentioned it, why?"
"Just asking, I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked, smiling at her.
"Yeah, see you then." She replied, smiling back.