176

The mission was almost over. Someone just had to snap their fingers, and everybody that had been dusted would come back.

The whole team had gathered in the missions room, even y/n. They were all sat or stood around the centre of the room, watching as one of Tony's many machines begun to create their very own version of Thanos' infinity gauntlet. Every stone was handle with care and precision, yet y/n couldn't take her eyes off of the soul stone.

Only an hour or so had passed since y/n broke down in the training room, but there she was, sat at the back of the missions room with a stone-cold look on her face. She hadn't recovered yet. Hell, she didn't even want to leave the training room. She just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry until there weren't any tears left. But it was Steve that convinced her to join everyone in the missions room. He told her something that would keep her going, even if it was only until the snap was over.

'Natasha sacrificed herself for that stone. The least we can do is go through with the snap.'

Steve was right. As much as she wanted to sit in a dark room for days on end, she couldn't. They had every single stone. They had the ability to get everyone back. They were at the final hurdle of their last mission, they couldn't back out now. Especially because Natasha was the one to gather everyone up in the first place.

So, there y/n was. She sat quite a distance away from the rest of the team, not only because she hated the sound of Tony's voice, but also because she didn't want any of them to see the redness of her eyes or the tear stains on her cheeks. She knew that it was okay to cry, but y/n didn't want to in front of Tony. She didn't have the patience or emotional stability to deal with any stupid comments. Y/n wouldn't hesitate to attack again. One comment, and y/n would use any and every power to make sure that Tony never saw daylight again. She didn't care.

Y/n was barely listening. She fiddled with the many different pockets of Natasha's vest that she'd found and put on, her eyes were completely fixed on the soul stone. The stone that Natasha died for. She died for a colourful gemstone with unimaginable powers. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair. It looked like a stone that someone would wear in a necklace or on a ring, and now Natasha was dead because of it. She just wanted to crush it into a million pieces. She wanted to crush all of them. She knew that she had the power to, but she also knew that she couldn't. As much as looking at each and every one of those stones made her feel sick and furious, they were the only way that they could get everyone back.

"So, who's going to snap?" Tony asked, relaxing comfortably on one of the chairs. "We saw what it did to Thanos. It almost burnt off his whole arm. We need someone that's able to withstand that amount of energy." He sighed, glancing around the room at everyone. It was a hard choice. Almost everyone in the room was super-powered in some way or another, or they had a suit to compensate for it.

Steve was a super soldier, but wouldn't be able to handle that much energy.

Rhodey, Scott, Clint, and Tony were only human, and that amount of energy would kill them.

Nobody had realised that Nebula was nowhere to be seen, but even if she was there, she wouldn't be able to do it. The snap would've obliterated all of her circuiting in a matter of seconds.

Rocket wouldn't even be able to handle putting the stones on, let alone the snap.

Thor was a God, but he was far from being in a fit state to snap.