Chapter 56

Victorias Pov:

| December 17th | Monday |

We're now back at the college and Aves, Maya, Zara and I are now on our way to the city.

Our class just ended and we wanted to go to a restaurant to eat lunch. And since Avery and Maya wanted to have a double date this is the perfect timing.

We're all walking over a big street when a car suddenly drives towards us, even though we have a green light.

Maya and Zara are already over the street but Avery and I aren't. She's too slow so I grab her by her arm and push her on the sidewalk. But I didn't have enough time to jump on there too. So when I try to jump on the sidewalk I get hit by the car.

I fly on the ground and as soon as my head hits the ground everything goes black.

Avery's Pov:

I watch as Victoria get hits by the car. My eyes widen and I completely stop breathing.

But as soon as I get out of my trance I run towards her. I quickly kneel down next to her and put my hand on her cheek.

"Victoria, hey! Vic, can you hear me?!" I yell nervously as I start tearing up.

"Maya, call an ambulance!" I say quickly as I look over my shoulder to look at her.

But she just stands there frozen. So Zara quickly takes her phone out of her pocket and calls an ambulance.

"Please, please don't." I put my fingers on her neck, to look for a pulse.

I sigh deeply in relief when I find one. But it's very slow, barely noticeable.

Just then I notice that she's bleeding on her head, blood going down on the side of her head.

"Ambulance will be here soon." I hear Zara say and I nod quickly.

"You can't die." I say to Victoria as I carefully lift her head and put it on my lap.

Shortly after the ambulance arrives. As they rush over to us and want to bring Victoria in the vehicle I don't let go of her.

"You need to let go of her." One of the men says but I shake my head.

"Avery, you need to let go." Zara says softly as she carefully pulls me away from them and Victoria.

"No, I can't." I start to cry more, so she wraps her arms around me.

"You three can drive with us." The other man says as they load in Victoria in the ambulance.

Zara then grabs Mayas hand and we three go inside the ambulance as well. I immediately choose the seat that's closest to Victoria and take her hand, which is now full of bruises.

"Everything will be fine, okay? Just..stay with me." I tell her as I look at her hurt and bruised face.

"I'm sorry but I need to ask what happend?" A man suddenly asks, making me look at him and away from Victoria.

"This car was just coming out of nowhere. A-And it just wasn't stopping. The car would've hit us both if Victoria hadn't pushed me away. She-She saved my life." I explain with a shaky voice and then look back at her.

"She saved me.." I mumble while brushing the hair out of her face.

"Sounds like she's really brave." He says with a reassuring smile, making me smile as well.

"Yes she is. Ever since I met her she has been this overprotective over me. I couldn't be any luckier." I reply as I smile down at Victoria.

"You two must be very happy. How long have you two been together?" He asks with a genuine smile.

"A little over two months." I answer.

Damn..it has only been two months? Feels like years..

"She's going to be okay, right?" I ask, which makes him sigh.

"We don't know yet. Her breathing is steady and her pulse is better again. We know more when we're at the hospital." He tells me and I nod slowly.

"I'm Zane, by the way." He says with a small smile.

I smile as well. "I'm Avery. And well..this is Victoria."

"It's nice to meet you. Both of you." Zane says, making my smile grow.

You got this Vic, don't give up.

Don't leave me..

You just can't

Sooo yeah.. 😐😃