𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧||𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚

I cried into Pietro's chest as he comforted me as much as he can

I cried into Pietro's chest as he comforted me as much as he can. My mind couldn't wrap around the fact that he was gone. He can't be. I love him. I can't lose him. This isn't fair.

"Fuck." Pietro breathed out as tears flowed down his cheeks from watching the burning building.

I didn't want to see the burning building knowing that he's in there so I buried my face further into Pietro's chest. "He can't leave me!" I sobbed helplessly at the thought of him being dead. He's not coming back.

"We need to go." Raf mumbled, running a hand down his face. His eyes were now red as he stared emotionlessly at the burning building.

Men that were surrounding the building bowed their heads in sign of respect after losing their Don.

"Amara get in the car." Pietro opened the car door, ushering me into it but I couldn't. I couldn't leave him here. "I'm not leaving!" I pushed him away from me. "We have no choice! He's gone!" Pietro threw his hands up in the air, frustratingly.

"He's not!" I glared at him. "I'll believe it when I see his dead body right in front of my fucking eyes."

"Don't you see the building?! He couldn't of survived that now get in the damn car!" Pietro yelled as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

I chose to ignore him and turned my attention back to the building. More flames erupted into the air as I stared at it, waiting for him to come out. More heart breaking tears fell from my eyes when all I saw was smoke.

Then a figure appeared but was covered by the smoke so I couldn't see what it was.

I felt my heart become heavier in my chest when the figure came out of the obscuring smoke.

Loud cheers and clapping erupted from the men standing outside who were watching when the figure came into view.

Tears flowed down my cheek as I covered my mouth in shock. Not believing that's he's actually here in all his glory, walking out of a burning building with no care in the fucking world.

Xavier.

"Motherfucker." Pietro breathed out and shook his head whilst smiling at Xavier who had blood and sweat dripping down his face.

Xavier walked over to me, clutching his stomach with a weak grin on his face as the fire in the background danced into the night sky. "Amara." He breathed out, dropping to his knees in front of me.

I was quick to wrap him into my embrace, dropping to my knees as well. I'm safe, he's safe. I cried into his neck as he buried his face into mine and wrapped an arm around my waist since the other was still clutching his stomach.

Nothing could compare to the amount of relief I was feeling at this moment. He was finally in my arms after days.

Days of torture.