Chapter 9 - The Right Answers

Summary: Mipha reminds Link of a childhood incident. Revali plays the Hero in a simulation at the Forgotten Temple. Tila and Linky attend Princess Zelda's 10th wedding anniversary party at Hyrule Castle.

It was early evening in Zora's Domain, and Mipha, Link, and their granddaughter Tara were returning to their house by Mikau Lake after Tara and Link finished playing hide and seek.

"That was fun! And I'll find you next time!" said Tara as she hugged Link goodnight.

"Goodnight! I had fun, too. And don't be too sure, sweetheart. I'm pretty good at hiding!" said Link as he laughed and kissed Tara on the forehead.

"Watery dreams, sweetheart," said Mipha as she hugged and kissed Tara. "Aunt Mila is waiting for you in her room."

Tara ran inside the house to join Mila, who had agreed to stay with her this evening while her parents, Tila and Linky, were away for the evening.

"Ready for a sleep time story, or are you too big now?" Mila asked as she joined Tara in the slumber pool in her room.

"Never too big!" laughed Tara. "You liked sleep time stories, right?"

"Yes, and my mom and dad took turns," said Mila. "My mom told me Zora stories, and my dad told me Hylian ones. And while one told me a story, the other told your uncle Midon. I loved both kinds of stories."

"That's funny because it's the same with my parents," said Tara. "I guess that's something else we have in common."

"Yes, it is, sweetheart," said Mila. "Now, which would you prefer? A Zora story or a Hylian one?"

"Since it's so hard to decide, Aunt Mila, can I have one of each?" said Tara as she gave Mila a slight pout.

"You're so cute!" laughed Mila as she kissed Tara on the forehead. "How could I say no? Sure, you can have one of each."

"Yay!" said Tara as she settled into the water and closed her eyes to listen.

Meanwhile, Mipha and Link had watched Tara enter the house, and then Mipha spoke up.

"You really did have fun with her," said Mipha. "You still play like you're a kid, and I'm someone who would know!"

"Given my memory, you know better than me!" laughed Link. "I guess in some ways, I never grew up."

"Which is fine," said Mipha. "As Mila puts it, you're young at heart."

"Anyway, Tara's so adorable! I notice lately she enjoys playing hide and seek with me the most."

"Probably because it's fun and gives her more of a challenge. You're not going to be competitive with her at swimming or water games."

"True. I guess your armor does have its limitations," said Link, sadly shaking his head.

"Oh? Are we back to griping about my armor?" said Mipha as she tickled him in the ribs. "You could always become a Zora again, sweetheart, if you want to swim better. Among other things."

"Very true," laughed Link, as he took her hand, raised it to his lips, and kissed it. "But I'm just kidding, of course. Your armor is perfect."

"Speaking of which, how about an evening swim up the waterfalls here?" said Mipha. "We can test my poorly crafted armor, and you can get in some much-needed exercise after standing still hiding so long."

"Good idea! I'm ready when you are."

They held hands as they made their way to the waterfall by Mikau Lake and swam up it together. Then they repeated themselves at the second waterfall, after which they walked the short distance to Lulu Lake and waded into the water.