Chapter 80

Diana loved spending her time with Remus, no matter how limited their time together was. Although she knew her happiness was temporary and that it wouldn't last forever.

Once a week, she had to go to see Professor Tenebris for her Divination class, but nothing else came to her; no more visions, no more odd feelings. And she couldn't deny that she was grateful for that.

    She could tell that Professor Tenebris wasn't happy with her progress in the least. But it wouldn't have been fair of him to expect her to become the best Seer in the history. She was only a sixteen year old girl after all. All she wanted to do was play Quidditch, fantasize about punching Finn Martin, hang out with her friends, catch up with her homework, and kiss Remus Lupin.

     Layla teased her every time Diana went missing for an hour or two, during which time she would meet up with Remus in their secret corridor, sometimes studying, sometimes occupied doing something else.

     It was just another Saturday morning as Diana and Regulus returned from their Quidditch practice. They had spent two tiresome hours in the field. They had experienced a terrible loss against Gryffindor, and they couldn't afford to lose the next game as well.

     "The Captain's overdoing it this year, though," Regulus grumbled, walking back to the castle with Diana. "I have my O.W.Ls this year, and I don't even have the time for homework. I have two essays due tomorrow and I haven't started on either of them."

      "Well, I can help you with them, if you want," Diana suggested.

      "What about your own studies?"

      "Oh, don't worry. I've already done them all. I've even managed to read a few chapters ahead of the lessons."

Regulus gave her a curious look. "How?"

Diana felt her cheeks heat up as her mind wandered away to the memories of the previous week. But to hide her blush, she shoved Regulus off by pushing him playfully on the arm. "Never you mind, Pretty Boy."

Regulus threw his head back in misery, groaning at the annoying nickname.

After changing out of their Quidditch robes and changing into more comfortable clothes in their dorms, Diana and Regulus grabbed all the books they needed and headed down to the Great Hall, joined by Layla.

After lunch was over and the plates and goblets were magically cleared from their tables, the three Slytherins remained in the Great Hall and took out their books, parchments, and quills, studying together.

Even Layla couldn't believe that Diana had managed to finish her homework before her, wondering where she got all the time to study and even get ahead from class.

Diana didn't mind the curious and odd glances Layla threw at her direction. In fact, she liked being mysterious and annoy the hell out of her friends because of it.

Regulus had no problem what-so-ever with Potions and Astronomy. But he had been struggling lately with History of Magic and Herbology, which Diana had agreed to help him with, being exceptionally good at memorizing and theoretical lessons.

"You know what I was thinking?" Regulus started after she was done explaining the functions of Fanged Geranium to him.

"What?" Diana asked while she was taking her Defense After the Dark Arts book out of her bag and placing it on the table before her.

"Have you ever considered becoming a teacher at Hogwarts after graduation?" Regulus asked. Diana halted right as she was about to dip her quill in the ink box, marveling at the thought.