Part 61

Cerise: an investigation?

Goh: right! This guy we know, Hodge, contacted us. He's from a place in the Hoenn region.

Ash: we became friends during the battle frontier flute cup.

Cerise: what's the investigation?

(Y/N): something to do with an absol or something?

Goh: his uncle owns a hot spring resort, the hot water suddenly just went away. 

Ash: you see here it is. (Shows picture of it)

Cerise: it just stopped?

Goh: yup and about the same time someone apparently saw absol.

(Ren and Chrysa quickly turn around)

Chrysa: are you serious!

Goh: supposedly absol made the springs dry up, at least that's what the rumour is.

Rotom phone: absol, the disaster Pokemon, a dark type. Absol appears when it senses a disaster is about to happen. As a result people mistake it for a catastrophic omen.

Ash: so they want us to investigate absol!

(Y/N): it's been a long time since I've seen an absol (remembers his own absol)

Goh: they use to call absol the Pokemon that brings disaster. It seems there are people who still believe it, it's a superstition.

Ash: so I was thinking we go and see what's up, right.

(Goh nods)

(Y/N): justice for absol!... Unless it's directly causing the problem and not by the superstition shenanigans.

Cerise: sounds exciting. Then I think you three should go out and help your friend Hodge.

(Y/N): I know who I'm bringing today.

(Timeskip: Lavaridge town in Hoenn where they meet up with Hodge who's on Hariyama)

Hodge: hey!

Ash: it's Hodge!

Goh: long time no see.

(Y/N): good to see you still in good spirits.

Hodge: good to see you guys, Goh you've brought along quite a Pokémon. 

Goh: say hi to Grookey.

(Y/N): say hi to my Pokémon too! (We see him send out marshtomp, Tropius, zigzagoon, pupitar and nincada)

(A/N): I know pupitar isn't from gen 3 but from gen 2 but I really wanted to bring it since it's been awhile

Hodge: hello marshtomp. Tropius. Zigzagoon. Nincada. grookey nice to meet ya too. (Bends down to offer a handshake to grookey as he tries leaning over more as grookey takes his hand as he falls off)

Hodge: that didn't hurt (combs his hair) I didn't feel a thing.

Ash: I'm so glad you and hariyama are doing great

(Y/N): how's mightyena? 

(We cut away to them inspecting the town as (Y/N) has returned them all except for marshtomp)

Ash: everything's all closed up, huh.

Hodge: it's awful right, nobody can use the hot springs which means no more tourists.

Goh: well that can't be good for a tourist spot.

Hodge: the whole team, including is blaming this hot spring mess on absol and boy are they angry.