Chapter 041

Herman arrived at the small county the next morning.

This place was so far-off. If he had never been there before, it would have taken him a long time to look for this small county surrounded by mountains.

The road to the county was not easy to drive alone, so he simply parked the car on the roadside and walked with the cat in his arms.

He wanted to call his aunt first, but when he took out his mobile phone, he saw that the phone had automatically turned off because the battery had not charged for a whole day.

He sighed, put the phone back in his pocket, and followed the roads in his memory.

The outskirts of the city had developed rapidly, and the appearance of the city would be different every year. However, this small county still seemed to be isolated from the world. It had been more than ten years, but it had not changed much, it could mostly be overlap with the appearance in the memory.

Herman walked along the road. Along the way, lots of people naturally looked at him, as if to observe the purpose of this stranger to be here.

He did not care and walked deeper into the county.

The deeper he went, the more dilapidated the houses were.

Finally, he came to a familiar place and looked up. The old house had been refurbished, but only the wall had been painted to make it look a little newer. There were a few simple flower wreaths at the door with a white cloth which symbolized funeral, fluttering in the wind.

He took a deep breath and walked into the small house.

The room was filled with noise and the stinky smell. Seeing someone walk in, the middle-aged woman inside looked up and the corners of her mouth tilted. "Hey, isn't that Herman Easton?"

Herman looked at her carefully and recognized that this was his aunt.

It was totally different from how it used to be. Now, she was older than most people. But her sharp eyes were more terrifying than ever.

"You've grown so tall," his aunt exclaimed, pretending to be surprised, "Wearing good stuff as well. Oh, you're really living a good life out there."

His aunt's voice was loud and sharp, and soon attracted everyone else in the room. Those relatives, whoms names surrounded him. They talked with each other noisily.

Herman's face turned cold. "I'd like to see him."

His aunt pulled his sleeve and said, "Come with me."

The two of them got rid of the relatives who came up to watch the bustling scene. As they walked in further, the light became dimmer. When they pushed open a small door, a cold breath blew on them.

There was a big bed with a man lying on it. He had already stopped breathing and had changed into funeral clothes.

"Have a look. I need to go out to do something." As his aunt said, she took a meaningful look at his back and turned to leave. Herman went to the bedside.

The man lay on there, lifeless. He was like a withered branch, thin and old.

His father was not like this in his memory.

In his memory, he had a heroic look. Every time he went home, he would bring young Herman some snacks. When he mysteriously took out a small cup and small box with fragrance from behind, Herman would never forget that kind of surprise and the happiness it brought him.

Herman stood there in a daze. He did not come to his senses until Muffin grabbed his collar.

He had thought a lot on the way there. When he was really stood here, he could not say a word.

Whether he loved him or hated him, after all, they were not better than life and death.

After a while, he bowed deeply to the man lying on the bed.

This was the end of their father and son's relationship in this life.

He hoped that he would never see him again in the next life.

The room was quiet. Suddenly, Muffin grabbed his clothes and suddenly made a loud noise.

Herman shivered and turned around, only to see his aunt standing beside him with a smile and saying, "Come out for dinner."