30

Instagram: amarieauthor
Twitter: amarieauthor
Tiktok: amarieauthor
Facebook: authoramarie

S A I N T

I wish I could put it into words how much it pissed me off

I wish I could put it into words how much it pissed me off. The way Little Red just sat there, staring out the car window completely oblivious to the rest of the world because her thoughts were blinding her. It was written all over her face how hard her mind was working to find a way out of this alive with her mother right beside her. I could almost feel how little trust she had in my word that no harm would ever come to her while I was alive. Then again, it was me that made her that way. I was really fucking pissed, but at the same time, proud.

"What are you thinking?" I asked her, opening her eyes to something other than her determined mind.

She seemed to contemplate whether or not to share her thoughts with me. After a while, she settled with a sigh. "I'm thinking about what Dante said. He mentioned how Tino is very sure you have Red, so I can't help but wonder how he can be so sure of that. What exactly does Tino know?"

I leaned back in my seat as the purr of the engine swayed beneath me. That was a good question. He didn't know much if he went for Giovanni, but still, he knew enough. It was only a matter of time before his search leads him straight to Reyna.

"I'll find out what he knows. For now, we get Giovanni back. Then, we'll figure out the rest," I told her.

She opened her mouth as if she were ready to say something, but then shut it. Her gaze shifted from me to out the window.

"What?" I questioned annoyedly.

"I am more than happy to help you find Giovanni, but just remember that my safety is a priority. Don't forget the whole reason I'm doing this is that you promised to help me find my mother," Reyna said, her voice cracking. She shifted in her seat a bit before turning to face me.

"Aw, are you going to cry because the big bad mafias are out to kill you?" I frowned sarcastically. "It's not my fucking fault you had the brilliant idea to steal from every criminal in the world? Don't you think I know your safety is a priority, why do you think I'm working so hard to protect you? We'll find your mother like I promised-if she's even alive, but you're going to do whatever the hell I tell you do before I throw you out and tattoo Red on your big ass forehead."

"My mother is alive," she muttered.

"How can you be so sure? She's probably dead and decayed by now. What you need to do is let her go because chasing after some woman that left you many years ago is only going to kill you!" I stated. She visibly flinched at my words, her shoulders falling and her eyes failing to meet mine as she stared at her lap.