28

The nervousness that suffocated Aurora earlier in the day washed away the second Tom came home and took her away for their date. She had no idea that the poor man was probably a million times more anxious about the outcome of the night than her.

He's been pondering over whether it's too soon to propose to the woman who owns his heart by this point, but after a rather deep conversation over the phone with the man who he considers a brother, the one and only Chris Hemsworth, Tom settled his mind about doing so a few weeks ago. He spent a long time searching for the perfect ring for Aurora and planned the date down to the last detail.

They've been staying in London for a while at Tom's place and pretty much made themselves a permanent home there. It was difficult at first for Aurora to be away from her father and friends, but Tom and her pretty much fly back and forth between London and LA for work anyways.

In the months they spent in the British capital, the two of them discovered their favorite spot in Hyde Park while walking the dogs one day. Since then they try to visit it as often as possible, the view over the pond and the surroundings are nothing short of magical as the sun sets above the water.

Tom took Aurora to their spot that afternoon after having dinner at a fancy restaurant. The couple was walking by the gorgeous pond as the sun was setting, when all of a sudden Tom stopped, taking Rory by surprise. That's when he dropped on one knee and asked the big question. The Downey girl was so shocked to the core at first, she never thought it was possible to feel that amount of joy and love before that moment. She couldn't even answer him properly due to the tears running down her face and the sob that desperately wanted to escape her, so she just nodded her head frantically which gave Tom the answer he was hoping for.
When the ring finally found it's place on Aurora's finger, he felt like the happiest and possibly the luckiest man alive. For him, Aurora Downey is the most perfect partner he could wish in life. It's as if she's an angel sent just for him, and Tom a guardian angel for Rory, saving her from all of her darkness.

The two dropped the bomb on their friends and Rory's dad over video calls, seeing as they couldn't possibly wait to share the good news until they would be back in America the next time. Just like Tom's parents, everyone was ecstatic about the fact their favorite couple was ready to tie the knot.
Even the media seemed to support the two of them after catching sight of the ring on the girl's finger. Tom's fans finally realized his happiness is more important than their jealousy. Of course there'll always be some haters but fortunately the engagement news were shockingly well received.

Tom and Aurora decided to hold the wedding in Los Angeles rather than London. It was easier for Tom's family to travel there than for everyone else the other way around.
It was such a beautiful ceremony, nothing extravagant or too fancy, rather simple yet still memorable. Just how they wished it would be. They decorated Robert's house, or more like mansion beautifully and held the ceremony there.