Part 54 - Reunion

Third Person's POV

When she finally woke up, the first thing she saw was a man holding a tiny infant in his arms. He looked at the child with eyes filled with so much emotion.

Instinctively, Hetal called out, "Rudra!"

She called out softly, yet Rudra heard her distinctly. He moved towards the bed, holding the baby carefully.

"Thank God, you're awake!" he said in relief.

She gave a small smile and then asked him, "how long did I sleep?"

Rudra moved his hand on her left cheek and said, for two days wifey. Shocked was written on her face. So she asked again you mean to say that "I am awake after two days," and Rudra just nob his head and came closer and kissed her forehead lovingly.

He felt relief today after seeing his love, his wifey awake. Though Moni, Isha, Abhi were doing turns with him, he never had a proper sleep.

He had informed Zaid Khan about this incident on the very same day as Yash had inquired about Dilawar from few of small local gangster and they told him to contact Zaid Khan regarding him.

Rudra was so restless and nowhere to go. He wanted to know more about what happened at day. As they lost their contact while listening to her after her labor pain started.

Hetal struggled to sit up. When she saw the baby in Rudra's arms, her face lit up. She remembered seeing the infant the first time. It was ugly when she was born but now looked prettier.

"She looks so small," she said in wonder. Rudra handed the baby girl to Hetal carefully after pulled her bed to siting position with the remote.

They were shifted to the 12th floor that is the VIP area of the West wing of Khan Hospital.

"She was born premature and is a twin. That's why she's smaller than most babies," he explained. "But don't worry, doctors have completely examined her, and she is very healthy," Rudra spoke calmly to keep Hetal from getting anxious.

She stared at her baby and felt sorry for the child. He kept stroking her head to relax the two of them.

The baby remained very quiet. She cried when she was born but barely did since then, even when she wanted to feed on her mother's breast.

But now, she looked comfortable in Hetal's arms and quickly fell asleep.

Rudra got the infant and put her in the crib. He turned back to Hetal and sat down on the bed and asked, "Now, can you tell me what happened to you?"

There was another thing he had been meaning to ask Hetal, so he asked hesitantly, "What about the other baby?"

Hetal's heart broke as she thought about her baby boy. The mention of her other child brought a constriction in her throat and she swallowed. After a while, she said, "He was taken by Riya.

Rudra repeated 'he' and Hetal nob her head and said , "yes Rudra it was a baby boy"

There was complete silence between both of them and their eyes turn glassy. After few seconds Hetal again spoke

Riya took him and said, "she is punishing you and me as I stole you from her." Tears pooled out of her eyes. Rudra quickly hugs her. He too had tears. He had just informed Zaid and Zaid said he needs 36 hours to being the infant back. 

Rudra trusted Zaid but never wanted to give any false hope to his wifey, so he did not mention of the searching of the infant and just kept on moving his hand on her back up and down.

There was a knock on the door and Isha, Dadaji, Moni, Abhi, and Yash walked in.

Rudra slowly pulled Hetal back and stood up from the bed.

Dadaji came forwards and sat on the chair which was kept and Moni went towards the crab. As she was very happy that she became aunt but sad also as she cannot see her nephew.

Dadaji kept his hand on Hetal's hand and tears pooled out again. Isha came to her side and side hug her moving her hand on her arm.

Dadaji too was stress and did not know what to say, but seeing Hetal he said, "Hetal beta please don't cry. Everything will be fine. Trust god beta and pray to God that he sends our little prince back to us." Hetal nob, her head, and Isha whipped her tears.

Everyone came and consoles her and told her to be strong but she knew everyone is hurt. But nobody is showing their pain and tears to her.

She convinced herself to be strong for her daughter and Rudra the most, but her heartfelt hollow at the loss of her son.

Rudra's POV

I meet Zaid Khan along with Abhi bhai on the same day after bringing Hetal to the hospital, as Yash had inquired from few local gangsters and they said only Zaid Khan could help us in this matter. 

First Zaid refuse saying he cannot meet me right now but then later said that he is on the 12th floor. He too was here as someone of his was admitted in their own hospital. After hearing everything Zaid promised me that he will try his best to bring my son back from that Dilawar in 36 hours.

Moni too came to hospital with Isha and told me to go home but I refused. She said I should go and get a shower and come back as the people were staring me. My hair was messy and clothes had dry blood on it. 

I accepted and went home with Yash and took a quick shower and came back. Zoya had kept my little princess in NICU and told me the next day I can meet her. After 24 hours I saw my princess she was fine. The nurse brought her wrap in a pink colour cloth and handed her in my arms. Tears of happiness pooled from my eyes when I took her in my arms. She was so small and fragile. 

Zoya told us that she is pre mature and a twin so she is small, but is healthy so not to worry. We all were happy to welcome her. Dadaji decided to name her Pari (pari means fairy) our Pari Oberoi and and Isha and Moni next day went shopping for her. As I and wifey had bought only few basic things because we never knew their gender.

Even our interior designer Mahira Malik, did the interiors which were portable furniture; the doors of the cupboards could be easily changed in half a day. In case if both would be baby boys then we could turn everything to blue as right now unknowingly we had done half blue and half in pink colour.

Wifey woke up after two days and I came to know that Riya Sen took our son as she wanted to give me punishment.

We all were praying silently that we can find our prince back. Though I behaved strong in front of Hetal and my family but the pain was incurable for me. I knew I cannot break down in front of her, so I had to hide my tears from all. It was almost two days still there was no information from Zaid.

We were shifted very next day to 12th floor which was a private wing for celebrities, VIP and important people. I came to know from one of the nurse that these days Zaid Khan stays here in the hospital only on the same floor as the khans have the whole floor for them on the other side of the wing.

Our interior designer Mahira Malik also came to visit us in the evening and then we came to know that her younger sister Zarin who is going to be soon wife of Zaid Khan is hospitalised as she meet with an accident and has fracture in her legs. Even Mahira stays here in hospital and does all work online. Zaid too is staying here as he loves Zarin a lot.

I was sitting with Dadaji and was discussing about how to handle things when my phone beep indicating I had a message. I saw the notification and it was from Zaid Khan and then there I saw a pic of small infant and then he called me up and said that they found my son.

I was on cold nine and quickly gave this news to all. Moni and Isha di were with wifey and Dr Zoya, I, dadaji, Yash and Abhi bhai were waiting for them at the entrance of the hospital and then we saw them getting down from the car.

I and dadaji bow your head and joint our hands as a gesture of thanks for giving us this happiness of our life back, but Zaid said to dadaji, "that elder people give blessings to their children by keeping their hands on their head and do not bow down in from of children" Zaid hugged me and Dr Zoya took our infant for the checkup.