N I N E

Dove's POV

I was woken up by the feeling of someone kissing me all over my face and a giggle escaped my mouth, now that certainly was the best way to wake up. I opened my eyes to find Darius's gorgeous yellow eyes and a smile was plastered on my face.

"Morning, daddy" He smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat, how was he so... ugh, perfect? And he wants me?

"Can we stay in bed today?" I asked hopefully, knowing since he was king he most certainly had many things to do. I heard shuffling and the door being suddenly being pounded on, Darius sighed and stood up, he opened it and Kai walked in, huffing, I can almost hear him complain about Darius taking too long to open the door. Kai walked straight towards me and wrapped his tail around me, snuggled his snout against my neck making me giggle, he was clearly hugging me, in a not so comfortable way since I was laying on the bed and his tail was digging itself all over my body but I could never say anything, I loved him way too much and the affection he shows me.

"Yes we can, pet" Darius said, as soon as he lay back down next to me and I quickly turned towards him and my lips broke into a big smile and I squealed.

"Yeyyyyy" I clapped my hands as best I could with Kai's tail all wrapped around me.

"But we are still going down for breakfast" He ordered, his face now serious but I just nodded, I didn't mind going down for breakfast. Plus, I knew even though I'd love to stay in bed all day, Kai probably wouldn't like to be cooped all day, so that way he can walk around a little bit.

"Kai, may I have some control of my limbs? I do need to walk downstairs" I gave him a side glance, to which he just eyed me too, both of us looking at each other with our eyes narrowed, a small challenge to see who was right but at last, I won, he removed his tail from my body and I turned to watch Darius dress. Damn, his muscles flexed from reaching for his white shirt and how he put it on, then his leather pants, which adjusted to his sexy butt very, very good. I reached for my chin to make sure I wasn't drooling, that would have been embarrassing. He put his gorgeous white hair in a bun and turned around to face me.

I just smiled at him and he shook his head amused, he turned around once again and grabbed something, he walked towards my side of the bed with what looked like to be a dress but it looked more like a rag, I put my arms up and he slid the dress on me and he reached for me and placed on his hip, and he started walking out of the bedchambers. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on his shoulder, facing his back, Kai was walking behind us and he reached with his tail and I grabbed the end of it, almost like we were holding hands.

His beautiful crimson eyes were fully on me, and he looked as majestic as the day we met, and it reminded me of what made me pet him even though he's a very dangerous creature. I mean I'm not that crazy but there was a moment in my village that we crossed eyes and everything else stopped for a second, and I felt this sudden confidence to walk towards him, I felt safe and he was so pretty, I couldn't help but almost shout it, and of course before petting him, I waited for him to give me the good to go, wouldn't want to upset him, in case he didn't like to be petted but how wrong I was, Kai loves cuddles and pets.

I loved how expressive he was even when he didn't speak, his eyes, you could literally figure out what he was feeling, at least it felt easy for me, he was very petty and smug, I could feel his smirk sometimes, it was crazy. It was obvious when he was upset and very obvious he didn't like people other than Darius to get too close to me or even Darius, I watched how whenever guards or servants stepped a little bit too close to him, how Kai would tense slightly and his eyes would instantly move to said person and he relaxed as soon as they stepped away, it was amazing the relationship they have, it was really something beautiful to witness and I'm crazy lucky to be the one they chose to be a part of it.