Chapter 24

Author's Note: Some more werewolf bdsm here. You can skip this chapter if you are not into it. Though, if you don't like it, why are you reading a werewolf book? Lol.  As for the plot, well since there are quite a few holidays this week, the plot is on vacation. It will return after several chapters of just werewolves being werewolves. Though, I promise, the plot has not left us. It will eventually return. 

Chapter 24

"What in the world are you doing here?"

As expected, Alix was furious to see me out and about in the daylight. Perhaps, he was expecting me to wait quietly in his tent for his return. Perhaps, as his yellow irises surveyed me under his thick grey brows, he was contemplating chaining me to his bed. I imagined even the sweet sight of my heaving bosom did little to quench his rage.

His transformation back into his human form took only a matter of seconds. I couldn't believe my eyes; Alix's shoulder was completely healed with only a hint of raw red skin where the gaping, bone-deep cut had been last night. I didn't have much time to overcome my shock at his quick recovery. Alix approached me and seized me by the upper arm. He dragged me away from the other wolves and threw me to the ground.

"Selene! I ordered you to stay inside and not wander around the camp. You openly defied my orders."

"She must be an Imperial spy, Alpha," one of Alix's men exclaimed. "She must be dealt with."

"No," Alix growled in response. His muscular abdomen was heaving with fury. The ripples of tanned muscles reminded me of the harsh waves of a pitch-black, tumultuous, stormy ocean. I would have been aroused by the sight if I had not suddenly felt the sharp prick of fear settling into my heart. Alix's fists were clenched at his side, and I had never seen so much pure violence exude from them before. "She will be punished severely for her infarction, but she is only a stupid girl. She has no means of communicating with the Prince."

I bit my lip and swallowed the message I came here to deliver. This was absolutely not the moment to reveal to Alix that I had seen the army just beyond the mountains. The rage in Alix's eyes was overwhelming. It was as though he didn't know whether he wanted to use those fists to wring my neck or rip me from limb to limb. My place in this camp was already on thin ice. Now I've been caught roaming about, observing their preparations for war; Alix's wolfish kin wanted me dead.

It became apparent to me that Alix would have to punish me somehow. Werewolves didn't take rule-breaking lightly. Indeed, I had broken their rules. I had climbed their sacred mountains and seen things that their scouts had not seen. I would have tried to save them if only they had allowed themselves to trust an outsider.

Clearly, I was wrong, and they had no such insight into their precarious situation. Was I really the stupid one, Alix? Really? My lip jerked up helplessly as I suppressed a chuckle. They could kill me here and now, but the Imperial Army would ensure that my wicked soul didn't depart this world for the Diyu afterlife alone.

"You will learn the rules here," Alix hissed, with danger burning in his yellow irises. Perhaps, he had been racking his brain for a way to show mercy, but my chuckle was the final straw. At that second, Alix decided what my punishment would be. He picked me up by the waist and dragged me to a nearby pole. He ripped the linen waist belt from my tunic and tied my wrists to the pole.

My skirt fell to my ankles, and I had only my flimsy tunic to cover me. With every movement, the slid slits of my shirt revealed a glimpse of my thighs and the curve of my bottom.

Alix found a leather strap from among the weapon pile. Out of the corner of my eye, glancing from over my shoulder, I saw him double the strap over again and again, and then he smacked it against his palm.