Chapter 1: "I'm Not Marrying A Weakling."

For the first time in Cohlin's life as the Emperor's personal attendant...

This attendant adjusted his glasses to make sure he wasn't just seeing things with his green eyes.

The Emperor of Bistetia is crying. No seriously, the fearless and valiant Emperor is actually crying literal tears and Cohlin had no idea what to do. He's been with this man for almost fifty years now and this was the first time the Emperor actually broke down and was left vulnerable like this in front of him.

"This Empire is doomed."

Cohlin gasped and felt shivers run down his spine. No, there's no way! For the Emperor himself to say such a thing.

The Emperor sobbed. "My son is already in his mid-twenties and he does not even have a lover. He refuses to have one, but when he actually does have one, they run away! Every single one runs like their life is on the line! This old man is worried for the Empire's future. Without an heir...without an heir...waahh..."

"..." Cohlin offered the Emperor a handkerchief, which the Emperor gratefully took and wiped his tears.

The Emperor wasn't wrong...

His son has so many ex-fiances and marriage candidates that would run away, and the Prince himself didn't care. Cohlin couldn't blame them...They were all terrified of the bloodthirsty Prince who consumed battle like it was his breakfast. The man would swing a sword as if he was doing homework. Everything about him is just...not something many would find ideal as a lover. He would also ignore his arranged dates and doesn't get interested unless it's about battle.

One time, a woman who was a skilled swordsman was chosen as a marriage candidate. They thought this was finally it, but the woman also ran away, screaming. "That man is a monster! I can't take it anymore! He keeps challenging me to duels mercilessly!"

Nobody could keep up with the Prince.

Even skilled swordsmen and warriors could never match up with the Prince. Man or woman, none had caught his interest at all. Even the greediest would not dare to seduce the Prince for power or selfish desires.

"Please...anyone, just anyone..." The Emperor cries.

"What if...his highness is just waiting for love?" Cohlin said in attempt to coax the Emperor. "We cannot rush him, let him take his time and I'm sure the fate will take its shape."

"Love? Love?" The Emperor repeated, the second one more emphasized. "That child probably thinks if love is something he can stab!"

The Emperor wails louder.

Cohlin took a deep breath and persevered, anything to stop his Emperor from crying. This sight physically hurts him and he did not wish for anyone to walk in the throne room and see a pool and let out a flood. "Your Majesty-"

"Cohlin! Go out there and see if anyone is willing. I will promise more than luxury, gold, whatever! I will give them whatever they want, just please find my son a wife or husband! Please!"

"...I will see to it, your Majesty." Cohlin bowed and left the throne room. The emperor was this desperate that he would grant anything...It has come to this...

And so, it was announced to various planets and kingdoms, but here's the thing. Cohlin's left eye twitched. Why did it feel like they were being ignored? They're actually being ignored like they were being whistled at.

Nobody wanted to marry the Prince.

Not even the corrupted and greedy wanted what the Emperor offered. He's offering anything you know!!? Is this how much they're afraid of the Prince?