Chapter 2: Aiziles Prince

Arthir of Aiziles didn't have that much of a choice back in his homeland. No matter how much he refused to marry the Prince of Bestetia, he was forced to and pushed into the spacecraft. So Arthir hopes to come to an understanding once he arrives at the Empire and prays that they will grant his wish.

Arthir hoped for that.

The Prince of Bestetia wasn't interested in marriage, right?

So this should be a walk in the park. The arrangement between them will be over before he knows it.

Now the reason Arthir did not wish to marry Prince Cyris.

It wasn't because he was scared of the Prince. Arthir? Scared of the Prince? Arthir found himself wanting to laugh out loud when the Prince said such a thing.

It also wasn't because he feared battle. He can spar with the Prince any day without breaking a sweat.

The reason why Arthir didn't want to marry the prince is because...

"I'm not marrying a weakling. Hmph!"

"..."

Cyris is rendered speechless from such a ridiculous statement. Him? Weak!?

The General holding Cohlin and everyone behind the General were crying internally. Young Prince Arthir! The man in front of you is a war maniac! He led several wars himself and won every single one! Where is he weak!? He can lift you with one hand!!

"You dare..." Cyris draws a sharp breath and approaches Arthir with a dark gaze. "Do you have a death wish or something?"

"You wouldn't be able to grant it even if I had one."

Cyris reached for his sword, growling.

"Please wait!" Cohlin jumps himself off the General's arms and stumbles his way towards the pair. "Your highness, please don't hurt your partner-"

"I don't like him."

"See?" Arthir sighs when Cyris pointed his blade at him. "This brute only knows violence."

Rage filled Cyris, his only goal now was to teach Arthir a lesson. He charged, swinging his sword at Arthir-

But before Cyris knew it, his entire world was suddenly upside down. The ground hit his back and everyone fell silent. Arthir dusts off his hands and presses down the wrinkles that formed on his robes. "That was self-defense."

"..."

What the hell was that movement?

It was so fast, but Cyris was sure he saw Arthir step aside, dodging his sword and then...He was suddenly flipped. Cyris sat up, looking at Arthir who was still fixing his clothes. Cohlin knelt down beside Cyris, fussing over him but none of Cohlin's words got through Cyris.

Cyris pushes himself off the floor and grabs Arthir's collar. Arthir glared at him. "What? Are you going to hit me?"

"I challenge you."

Arthir shook his head. "If you wish to engage in a duel with me, then one must introduce themselves."

"..." So fussy!

Cyris grits his teeth. "If I do, will you fight me?"

Arthir nods. "I will."

He's so bold! The General and his knights could only stand back and watch, while Cohlin began to sweat excessively. What kind of couple was this!?

Cyris stood firmly and began. "My name is Cyris de Avelione Bestetia, the Crown Prince of the Bestetian Empire. I challenge you to a duel."

Arthir bows down politely, his right hand over his chest. "My name is Arthir de Rulia Aiziles, third prince of Aiziles kingdom. I accept your duel and I shall see it through to the end."