eleven.

It had been two weeks into living with Chongyun. Or as Xingqiu saw it, two weeks since he last talked to anyone in his family.

Things were better, Xingqiu told his friends about what happened and they helped him. They helped him pick up the pieces to his shattered heart, but it still wasn't fixed.

Nothing could fix it, not even Chongyun. Maybe he could, but Xingqiu was letting this ruin him. And people knew, people as in Chongyun. Maybe Xiangling too.

Xingqiu woke up one morning, cold sweat. He couldn't remember why he shot out of bed, Im really losing it, huh? He thought to himself.

"Babe?" Chongyun called out, sitting up from the bed. "Sorry. I just woke up randomly." Xingqiu sighed, Chongyun pulled Xingqiu back down to the bed.

"What's stressing you out?" Chongyun asked, his face inches away from Xingqius. Xingqiu made a face, one that Chongyun could barely see because of the lack of light. But in a way, he could tell. He was upset about her.

"Oh.." Chongyun said, searching for Xingqius hand under the comforter. "I'm starting to forget what my own mom sounds like, how is that even possible?" Xingqiu questioned, cuddling up to Chongyuns neck.
"It happens. When you don't hear from someone after awhile.. You forget them." Chongyun muttered, "Do you think I should talk to her? I don't want to but.. I want to have my family back.." Xingqiu said. "Do you think you should give her another chance? Does she deserve one? Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, or she was going nuts." Chongyun explained.

Xingqiu stayed quiet, all he felt was stressed.

There's no way it was a misunderstanding.

It was early in the morning, 2:37 am.. Damn, its early. Chongyun thought to himself, looking over at Xingqiu facing the other way.

Chongyun felt so sorry for his lover, almost nothing could cheer him up anymore. Sure, he was happy a lot. But not a lot of people saw his panic attacks, his nightmares, his suffering.

Chongyuns room is cold, with every awkward silence, more of the ceiling shrunk in. Leaving
little crevices of the room cracked and torn, Chongyun felt so lost. He had his many problems and Xingqiu had his, it was too much for his mind to handle. He felt so tiny and helpless. Like he was an ant, and everyone around him were people stomping on the sidewalk.

Xingqiu turned to face Chongyun, he met eyes with him. Only to see he was staring.

Xingqiu smiled, a smile Chongyun could barely see. But the moonlight seeping into his room  helped.

Xingqiu hugged himself close to Chongyun, still feeling that hitch in his throat, like he was about to cry. Chongyun rubbed the others back, empathy filling his soul.

"I'm sorry." Xingqiu mumbled, "For what? Love, you have nothing to be sorry for." Chongyun assured. "Don't you get tired? Tired of me?" Xingqiu sighed, looking up at the ceiling. His head was going haywire.

"You need sleep." Chongyun scoffed, kissing the others ring finger. "You didn't answer my question.." Xingqiu frowned, "You know I love you."

Do you really?

"I love you too." Xingqiu smiled.

That's a lie too, isn't it?

"God, do you know how amazing you are? I'm so lucky to have you as my boyfriend." Chongyun giggled, Xingqiu said his goodnights and I love you's once more. It still didn't quite feel real.

Stop lying you pathetic bastard!

You don't love him, you know that you don't. It's way too soon to say that, you know better.

Xingqiu drifted off to sleep, thoughts swarming around him like bee's. Thoughts he wanted to all go away, it didn't work like that unfortunately.

Morning
Chongyun woke up first, like he always did.

"Xingqiuuuu wake upppp!" Chongyun whined, Xingqiu popped up and yawned.

Chongyun was left breathless with the sight of Xingqiu in the morning, his hair all messy, his voice.. He couldn't get enough of his morning voice.

"I don't want to go to school.." Xingqiu said, hooking himself onto Chongyun. "I'm sorry, babe. We have to, we'll see our friends you know?" Chongyun sighed, caressing Xingqius cheek. The other groaned, the last thing he wanted to do was see more people and put on a happy face.

They both got up, getting themselves ready.

Xingqiu wore one of Chongyuns turtlenecks and a sweater, and some jeans. He loved wearing Chongyuns clothes, not only did it make him flustered, they all felt 100x more comfortable.

"AHHHHH you're so pretty!!" Chongyun screeched, hugging the other from behind. "So are you, my prince." Xingqiu giggled, "My prince? That's new." He laughed.

By now, Chongyun had a car. A small one, it's not too bad. It's good enough to get to school.

They loaded themselves in the car, Chongyun wrapped his hand around Xingqius inner thigh. He always did this when he drove, he knew it drove Xingqiu crazy.

"Jackass!" Chongyun yelled at some bad driver, who actually almost hit him. Xingqiu snickered, "Drive much?!" He scoffed, earning a high five from Chongyun. "Is it weird that we are dating and high five all the time.." "NAH!! It's cool.."

They walked into the school hand-in-hand. Almost everyone in the school knew they were dating, it was painfully obvious.

Xingqiu kept checking his brothers contact,

Xio (bitch)
Hey, can we meet? Just to talk yknow? I've missed you a lot. Maybe mom too..
Read Friday

"No response?" Chongyun asked, looking over the others shoulder. "Nope, been left on read for five days now." He said, feeling that bitch in his throat again.

Stop that. Stop crying, fucking weakling!

"Oh, sweetie." Chongyun sighed, they were in Jeans room now. People were watching, people. everywhere.
"It just hurts."
"I know."
Do you really?
"Chongyun, I love you so damn much"

What is wrong with you!?

"I love you too, believe me." Chongyun smiled, kissing the others cheek. The cheek that has been permanently tear stained for months.

"Alright! enough chit-chat." Jean ordered, class is starting.

Xingqiu held Chongyuns hand to his thigh, clinging onto in like it was a leash of a dog, about to run away.

Geometry is so boring.. What is the point? Chongyun thought to himself, staring at Xingqius side profile.

"Finish the worksheet, back and front." Jean ordered, to most students this meant talking time.

"XIAO! I have to tell you something." Venti stomped over, "What is it? i'm not eavesdropping I swear." Xingqiu whispered, earning a wheeze from Chongyun.

"Childe told me a secret and i'm not supposed to tell anyone-" Venti whispered, "Dude!" Childe whined. "He has a crush on Diluc." Venti smirked, "Damnit." Xiao groaned, getting  500 mora out from his bag. "You lost the bet?" "I lost the bet."

Xingqiu helped Chongyun with his work, more so did it for him.

"You owe me one hundred thousand kisses for that one." Xingqiu whispered, Chongyun pecked the others lips lightly, "Ninety-nine and nine hundred ninety-nine thousand?" Chongyun smiled, it was this part of him that made Xingqiu fall harder. But it was hard for him to say 'I love you'.. He wasn't sure if he meant it or not.

It's stupid, really.

Short - ish chapter,, atleast for my writing. i felt like updating today so ya<33