- t e n -

Lukas kept to his promise and I woke up in the same position that I fell asleep in. Tingles were spread out all over my back from his hand that hand slipped under my shirt and touched my bare skin.

I can't lie, his touch made my stomach and head settle down and hurt a lot less. I do feel a lot better. I hate being sick and the constant vomiting and headaches and just no. Throwing up a few times after a night out is different though.

At least I had alcohol in my system and was happy a few hours before that so it made up for it. Being drunk makes me happy. Not remembering my night makes me happy. Dancing and yelling and chugging makes me happy.

Lukas does not make me happy.

He doesn't run through my veins, numbing my body and erasing my memory. He doesn't take away my stress and worries and replace it with happiness and dumb thoughts.

At least, not yet. The small whisper in my head startled me and I shook my head. No. This greedy pedophile can not and will not make me happy. He can not top alcohol and he will never be what he wishes so dearly to be.

The man laying beneath me was scrolling though his phone when I finally opened my eyes and turned my head up.

"Ah, you're awake, sweet boy." He murmured into my hair, kissing my head. Too much touching. I don't like this.

"Stop touching me." I grumbled and rolled off the man and onto the other side of the bed. I need my own space.

"You just woke up and you're already cranky, wonderful." He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes. Fuck him. I can act however I want whenever I want because I'm in charge of myself not him.

"I was really hoping you would be in a nice mood today because we are leaving for my pack soon." He noted carelessly and I just started at him. The fuck did he just say.

"No we are not." I snorted, "You are going back to your pack and you are going to leave me the hell alone and let me live my life without you dictating me and my decisions."

"Cute thought sweetie, but you are coming with me wether you like it or not. Also, watch your language." His voice was steady and didn't raise in tone but I know he was not leaving room for negotiation. Too bad. I'm negotiating.

"Actually, Alpha Lukas," I brought back the title that he hated me using when speaking to him, "I will not be doing that because I have friends, my life, my job, my school, and everything else here so no. I will not simply just pack up my things and skip into the sunset with you and live happily ever after." I snorted and I could hear my voice become snippy and rude.

"Grayson do not start getting disrespectful with me. I have pushed this day off for two nights now and my pack needs their leader and they also need their new alpha."

I could tell that me calling him Alpha Lukas pushed a button and he was trying not to get annoyed with me.

"I'm 15." I snorted, "I don't want to be an Alpha or have anything to do with leading a pack. It's sounds like a lot of work and not going to lie, I'm very lazy and I have absolutely not interest in leading people. "

"Well I am not going to make you do the work, Sweetie. That's too much of a burden to place on your shoulders and you would need training and guidance before I let you handle Alpha work." He stated like it was obvious information and I was a dumb little kid who he had to explain things very slowly too. "Even then, we would do the work together as a team. Because we are a team. We're mates."

Ugh. Back to the mate talk.

"What part of the "I don't want a mate" do you not understand? I don't want you, I don't want your love, and I don't want anything to do with you. Get that through your ignorant Alpha skull." My voice was rising and my temper was pushing over the edge, farther than it's ever been pushed before with Lukas.

"What happened to you saying you're never going to force me to do anything huh? Well look at you now. Forcing me to move across the fucking country, leave my life, my school, my sport, my friends, and everything good in my life, just to be forced to be your bitch in a pack I hate.

Obviously you have a well functioning pack going for you so let's keep it that way. You act like you need a second Alpha but in reality you don't. You're just greedy and want to seem like you have the picture perfect pack with the sweet obedient mate and strong pack and everything straight out of a picture.

Moral of the story, Alpha Lukas, I don't need you and you can live without me. So leave. Go back to the east coast and leave me the hell alone so I can just be happy because I was doing great until you decided to show up."

The head throbbed as the words spilled out of my mouth and heat filled my body. The anger was boiling over the top and I needed to be alone. I need to be alone now. I need to run. I need to run now. I need to breathe. I need to breathe now.

Lukas was silent as he stared at my face. His face was stoic and his jaw was clenched tightly yet his mouth remained still and absent of words.

"Nothing to say now? Pathetic." I scoffed and rolled my eyes and got up to leave.

Dizziness and nausea rushed through my system and before I even got a few steps, arms slipped around my body, trapping me and sending sparks throughout the areas of contact.

"I am anything but pathetic and I am not going to be belittled and talked down upon by a child and my mate. His deep voice growled in my ear and I shivered.

"Now sit the hell down and stop being a brat."