Chapter 70

Chapter 70

I was expecting to feel Lexi's lips pressed on mine. I was expecting to finally be done with all the second guessing the second our lips would meet.

I was expecting to finally be honest about my feelings to Lexi after all this time.

But of course, when did I ever get what I wanted?

Instead, I got a twin yelling, "EVERYBODY RUN! IT'S PISSING CATS AND DOGS," making Lexi yelp in surprise, backing away from me once again.

So much for that second kiss...

The universe really didn't want us to kiss right now?

Trevor and Cameron were running towards us, slipping now and then in the mud, and quickly caught up with us, and then almost literally grabbing us to drag us away.

I was totally not on board with this turn of situation.

Like, not at all.

Sure, it started to rain really heavily, and okay, it could have been a little stupid if we'd just stayed there, in the cold and the rain.

But, it was a price I would have been ready to pay to kiss Lexi Grayson again. Pneumonia for a kiss? Any day.

I really had my priorities all wrong, right?

My parents would not be proud.

So, unreluctantly, I followed as Lexi ran away with the twins, everyone kinda laughing and screaming as we did.

When we reached the camps area, Lexi bolted straight for her own cabin, and I reluctantly headed to my own.

The moment had been ruined, the opportunity missed, by rain and stupid twins.

Once I was inside with the twins I kicked their asses.

Literally.

"Hey, hey, HEY! What's that for?" Trevor whined.

"Y'all really can't read a room, can you?" I whined, and tried kicking them again.

The guys that were gathered in the cabin looked our way, curious about the commotion.

"What?" Cameron whined, while Trevor just ran away to hide in the bathroom.

Trevor, the forever coward.

"What's going on?" Mark asked, laughing.

"THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW?" Cameron yelled, as I grabbed his neck in headlock and tried to kick his shins as I did.

"You and your brother ruined the moment!"

"WHAT MOMENT?"

"What's going on?" Fred, asked too, walking out of his room.

Cameron and I were kind of spinning around, while I held his head in lock in the crook of my arm, trying to potentially throw him on the ground and inflict him enough pain for both of them.

"Come on guys, use your words, not violence," Mark said, laughing.

"TELL THAT TO HIM!" Cameron whined, and I finally let him go, glaring at him.

"You're on my shit list for the next hour," I just told him and headed to the bathroom.

"WHAT DID I DOOOOO?" Cameron whined after me, still completely clueless.

I wasn't going to say it out loud though.

I couldn't possibly say it out loud.

You stopped me and Lexi from kissing.