→CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

—

RIKU COULDN'T HELP BUT GLOWER BY HERSELF, wallowed by her jealousy as she watched Kayano unveil the sweet multi-flavored flan in all of its divine delicious presence. The soft scent of fruit and chocolate blended together nicely as it greeted Riku's nostrils softly in the form of the mist once the flan was released from its own personal cooler.

All this for that damn octopus. 

Speaking of said octopus, Riku's envy only grew ten-fold as she managed to snatch a glimpse at her homeroom teacher's face, she almost went feral. Behind her, Kanzaki's grew understandably concerned for their safety. 

Koro-sensei's expression was nothing but pure glee, modeling the exact same face Riku made yesterday--sparkles and everything--only this version was with actual drool and Riku was sure she looked a hundred percent prettier than her homeroom teacher did now.

A strange thought then entered Riku's mind.

Should I destroy the sun?

Her eyes grew cloudy.

Koro-sensei was able to get this beautiful desert because he is an assassination target, yes? And he is only an assassination target because he destroyed the moon and threatens to do the same to the Earth, yes?

Her eyes cleared.

"I'm going to destroy the sun,"

Kanzaki's eyes practically bulged out of their respective sockets.

Golden hazel orbs widened with fear, technically, it wasn't because of what Riku said--but how she said it.

The lavender-haired female said it with so much finality.

"C-Can I really eat all of this?" Koro-sensei asked, pointing to himself and to his flan. It seems like he was still in awe of what is being given to him.

"Yeah! I just wanted to salvage the eggs!" Kayano reasoned. 

"It was all Kayano-chan's idea," Nakamura added.

Smiling bashfully, Kayano hid her tiny blushing face by looking down. However, she only looked up again when a weeping gleeful Koro-sensei grabbed her human hands with his octopus-like ones.

"K-Kayano!"

"See you later, then, sensei!" Nakamura started to bid goodbye, making the rest of the class follow her lead.