Insecurities-Keys

"Why are we still getting reports of the new mission not working?!"

"It's almost done," I stuttered. "This mission is a lot more complicated than robbing a bank or punching someone. There are a few kinks that are a little harder to. . ."

"I don't care!" Antwon yelled, cutting me off. "Just get it fixed."

I looked down, my hands shaking as Antwon angrily walked into his office. I glanced over at Keys, jumping when Antwon's door slammed shut.

"Want help?" He mouthed. I shook my head even though I wish I could accept his help.

"Hurry up, Piglet!" Mouser said through his teeth.

"Don't call her that," Keys instantly defended me.

This company is famous for every employee having a nickname. Everyone loved their nickname. Except for me.

Mouser gave me my nickname the second Keys introduced me to him. I have severe social anxiety. It was worse when I was a kid, but I've worked extremely hard to get through it. It wasn't gone, but it was better than it used to be.

That didn't matter to Mouser. All that mattered to him was that I had a stutter. That stutter led to my nickname; Piglet.

Out of everyone here, Keys is the only one who doesn't call me that embarrassing nickname.

"If we don't get this fixed, people will log out and when people log out. . ."

"She knows," Keys cut Mouser off. "She'd be able to get it fixed if she didn't have everyone breathing down her neck. Back off."

Mouser held his hands up in defense as he walked away. I turned my chair back towards my computer, trying to get my breathing under control. Keys instantly ran to my side and gently put his hands on my shoulders.

"Just focus on the code," he whispered. "You know what to do. Ignore everyone else. You got this."

Before he could walk away, I reached up and put my hand on top of one of his. I leaned my head against both of our hands.

"Thank you," I whispered.

* * * * *

I spent the next three hours with my eyes glued to my computer screen. My migraine didn't matter. What mattered was fixing this problem that I created.

"Y/N," Keys sighed. "Please. Take a break. Let's go grab a coffee. Or we can go to the diner and get something to eat."

"I can't," I said, skimming the code.

"Y/N, please," he said, moving his chair over to my desk. "I'm getting a migraine just watching you."

"I always have a migraine," I mumbled.

"At least let me help you."

"Stuttering Piglet!"

I gasped when Antwon yelled for me. Keys reached over and grabbed my hand for a brief second before Antwon made him leave. I felt corned in my cubicle as Antwon stood in front of me.

"Did you fix my game?"

"I. . . Well. . . I'm almost. . ."

"Almost?!"

I jumped when he kicked my trash can.

"Listen, My Little Pony, if this job is too hard for you then maybe you should go back to coding Beauty Blogs."

"I can do this, sir," I said, sounding more like Piglet than I've ever sounded.

"Then prove it," he said between his teeth. "Fix this by the end of the week or you're fired."