twenty

20. What Lies Beneath

Aria slowly opened her eyes, and immediately the bright light in the room, caused her to close her eyes again and let out a groan.

"Ria?".

Aria opened her eyes again and she saw a concerned Damon looking at her, "Ugh, I hate fainting" Aria complained, her head feeling heavy.

"How you feeling?" Damon asked, helping Aria sit.

"Shitty" Aria admitted, looking around Aria realised she was in Damon's room, "How did I get here?".

"I bought you here after Meredith said you were alright" Damon replied, handing Aria a glass of water, which she gladly took and started drinking.

"Well, I should probably leave" Aria said, putting the empty glass on the side table.

"Or you could stay" Damon suggested.

"I can't stay" Aria whispered, looking anywhere but at the oldest Salvatore.

Damon sighed, "Ria, according to Meredith your delivery date is in two weeks, and I don't want to let you out of my sight for those two weeks".

"If you cared so much about them, then you wouldn't have walked away when your kids needed you the most" Aria said.

"I deserve all your anger Ria, but please, let me make this right" Damon pleaded.

"I can't trust you" Aria whispered, her heart hurting saying those words, four words she thought she will never say in her life.

"And I won't stop until I win your trust again" Damon said, "And for me to do that, I need you to stay here, and let me make things right, please Ria, l really want us to work things out".

Aria looked Damon, the pleading look on this face was tugging at Aria's heart and she hated that, "I'm not staying in this room".

"Works with me" Damon said, though he wanted nothing more then to sleep in the same bad as Aria, he knew it would talk a lot of time and effort from his side to get things back to normal, and Aria agreeing to stay at the boarding house, was a step closer to normality.

***

"No" Kol snapped, opening the door and seeing Tyler on the other side, "Not today".

Kol went to close the door on Tyler's face, but he quickly stopped him, "You need to listen to me Kol" Tyler pleaded.

"I don't need to do anything" Kol snapped, "But if you do want me to do something, how about I rip your heart out and shove it up your ass?".

"The travelers are for coming for Aria and Damon" Tyler revealed quickly.

"Excuse me?" Kol asked shocked.

***

Damon, Kol, Tyler and Luke sat in the living room, Tyler informing the trio about what the travelers have been up to.

"Markos turned Sloan into a vampire, had her drink soulmate doppelganger blood and after some chanty ritual thing, she turned human again" Tyler revealed.