Chapter Two

Jooheon

     I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my entire life as walk slowly behind Hoseok towards my—our—bedroom quarters. My hands are shaking. This is ridiculous. I'm a captain. I do not fold under pressure nor do I hesitate in action.
      To say I was shocked into silence by Hoseok's agreement is saying little. I hastily made those conditions out of fear and impulse but he agreed. He agreed.
       He will soon be mine and mine alone. No one will be able to take him from me. No one in the universe can overwrite our bond—except death, of course, which I will make sure never to happen. I will not make the same mistakes my stupid brother did.
Never.
       Hoseok hesitates at the door for a moment before pushing it open and walking inside. I follow, a little apprehensive. Will he change his mind? Have second thoughts and deny me?
       Earth is the safest place for him. I don't want him around any of the psychos on this ship. I don't trust anyone. If he decides to refuse this one request...would I still hold him here? Probably not. I will still let him go as it's the only option.
      He gave in so easily...does he really mean to become mine or am I projecting my desires too much? Perhaps he will try to best and play me?
      I stop when he turns around, his face a little red. Rubbing his neck, nervousness obvious, he clears his throat. "So, um, are we doing this tonight?"
      Swallowing hard, I nod. "The sooner the better. I would like to prepare for your departure tomorrow morning." I don't like the thought of sending him away when I've worked so hard to keep him here but what other choice do I have? The others are getting restless and bored—two very dangerous things. I can't have them cross paths with this precious cargo.
       He takes a deep breath. "Alright. C-can I, uh, shower first?" His voice cracks.
      "Of course. Take your time." I open the door to the bathroom and step aside. He avoids my gaze as he rushes inside, closing and locking the door. The shower turns on soon after.
     I let myself relax and sit on the bed, trying to not freak out. I'm not a virgin. I've never had a claimed mate like Namjoon or gotten anyone pregnant but I have done this. Sex. It's different this time, though. I've never wanted someone so much. All the other times were meaningless. Well, all except for—him.
      The very bane to my existence at the moment. I don't want to get back into it or relive memories not worth the space in my brain. He lost me. He let us go. I don't want to dwell on what could have been.
      I have a real chance with Hoseok now. A chance at happiness. I won't have him ruin my life anymore. Not a chance.
      Gripping the sheets tightly, I debate whether to head over to the next room snd shower myself. I could use the distraction.
      Mumbling to myself, I grab a robe and towel, walking the short hall to the second bathroom, preparing the water.
      Turning off my restless thoughts, I strip out of my uniform and step under the hot spray. It does it's job well as my muscles relax and I sigh.
      Tonight Hoseok will be mine. Forever.
      I'm ecstatic, truly. Namjoon lost such a treasure and I plan to cherish it, him, in his place. I just hope he will truly accept me. I need him to trust me and completely give himself over to me. Willingly.
       Unfortunately, my relaxation dies a fast and unexpected death as the bathroom door creaks loudly and my eyes snap open. I look through the stained glass to see the last person in the universe I want to see.
     Him.
      My past lover and the complete disaster of my life. Smirking all knowingly and cocky as I stand vulnerable and naked under the water. My body is chilled even though the water is still hot. I glare at him.
       Wonho casually swaggers inside and closes the door firmly, locking it. I curse in my head. Reaching blindly behind, I shut off the water and grab my towel, wrapping it firmly around my waist.
      He watches me like a predator. He has underestimated me, however. I am not the same as I once was. I'm not so easily handled and played.
      I have something in my life worth guarding and protecting and it is not him. Never again.
       "Get out. Go annoy someone else with your presence."
       He lifts a brow, eyeing me in an appraising manner. "You've gained muscle. You look good, Jooheoney. You've grown up." Stepping closer, I take a step back making him chuckle. He lifts a drop of water from my chest and pops it into his mouth. "Don't worry. I just can't to chat."
       His word and actions do not mix. "Chat." Deadpan. 
      "Yes, chat." He leans against the sink, crossing his arms. "You're hiding something. I want to know what it is."
       "I'm not hiding anything from you but to be frankly honest—this is my ship. I'm allowing you passage on it temporary as a curtesy. You are not privy to all my knowledge or everything on this vessel." Hitting him with a firm look. "You are not in charge here, Wonho."
       His lips tease a smile. "Right...Captain." He shakes his head. "I truly can't understand how they gave you the title after everything." His face hardens a bit, challenging. "The others may have some grudges to settle but personally—I can overlook your betrayal." His fingers caress my cheek making me flinch, annoyed and disgusted. "You don't have a lover nor a mate. You should stop being so stubborn and come back to me, to my bed. I'll be nice."
I want to laugh. Angrily. "Fuck off. Get out." I stalk over to the door and fling it open, glaring at him. "This conversation is over and never enter one of my rooms without gaining permission. As much as an animal as you chose to behave, I know you were raised with some decent mannerisms."
A huge smile lights up his face and I look away, uncomfortable and anxious. I need to get him out of here. Now. "Fine. I'll take the very subtle hint and leave. For now." He makes sure to touch me again as he passes, pushing his full weight against me into the door. "But this most definitely isn't over, Jooheoney. Perhaps the others have different intentions by coming here but I'm only here for one reason and one reason only. I'm going to get you back on my side. In my bed. Prepare yourself because you will belong to me again." Winking, he finally leaves, slowly walking down the hall out of sight.
I feel like I can finally breathe again. I quickly change into my robe and race back to the bedroom, locking the door firmly behind me.
It can't wait. I have to get Hoseok out of here now.