future

╔────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╗
"I told you I'd be coming
back again for you but
I'm not. I'm going away
where the world will
never find me."
╚────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╝

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

2024:

"Come on Maya." I look up to Sarah's whining and pestering face. I smile and say "One minute. I just have to finish this sketch." She peers over my shoulder and says "It's the same person you always sketch. Sketch me next. You have to be getting tired of this man."

I look down to the sketch and frown "This is the clearest image my imagination has. He's handsome isn't he?"

She shrugs and says "Not my type. Cute dimples though. I think the other person you sketch is more entertaining. She's beautiful. By far my favorite. She always has a big smile on her face." I tap the sketch and toss the notebook onto the desk. Letting it close on impact. I stand up and say "Do we really have to go to this historical event? I hate these stuck up events you drag me to."

She nods and says "Put on a pretty dress and meet me at the car. Hurry up slow poke." I groan and stand up. I head to my bedroom and run my hand through the clothes in my closet.

I slide a dress on and slip into some shoes. The things she drags me to.

I walk down the steps and she says "Finally! Come on. Chop. Chop."

"Shut up." I mutter to her as she walks away

We head to the car and I say "This is a historical gala?" As I look at the big billboard ahead.

She nods and says "They'll have big displays to read and look at. There's some things being auctioned off too. It should be a fun night. Also there's a Tony Stark remembrance display. With a iron man suit to take pictures with!"

I nod and god she's kind of a shallow person isn't she?

We enter the event and I look around at everything around us. I approach the displays with Sarah following shortly behind.

Wow they have some old artifacts. I touch the painting and the woman who's the lead artifact historic says "Beautiful isn't it?"

I nod and say "Yeah. It's very beautiful. What time is this from?"

 What time is this from?"